1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harbor freight motorcycle dolly

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, May 26, 2013.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

any one have one?

opinions? Thinking about getting a couple

[​IMG]

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

3. Eh, Bursig stand rolls/spins better and is much easier to work with.

4. alocker

alocker Well-Known Member

Since the only moving parts are the casters I would say you are good to go. If they are really crappy you could always replace them.

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Are they aluminum or steel?

you can do a hack welding job to fix or reinforce steel. If they're aluminum, forget about it...

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

for the exact reason you see in the picture. I need to get 2 cars and 3 bikes in a 2 car garage. The dolly makes it very easy to move the bikes in cramped/tight places ie against walls etc

7. Seen a Bursig stand work?

I can walk beside the 675, with 1 hand on the top/back of the gas tank pulling it a lil bit and it will just roll beside me.

Then i can push on the tail section with 1 hand and it will do a 360.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Chris,

The harbor freight deal is probably under $50 and works on any bike. The Bursig $600 and $150 adapter plate whenever your fleet changes.
    Plus he needs three of them and I wouldn't be surprised if at least one went on a dirtbike, which probably isn't covered on the Bursig.

9. alocker

alocker Well-Known Member

He's just looking for storage. He would pay more than 2 g's to store 3 bikes with the Bursig.

Pretty sure those HF are steel.

10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I like the idea, but storing bikes on the side-stand wastes space. Rear stands keep the upright and allow for tighter storage IMHO. Especially if you stagger them so they're facing alternate directions.

Now if you used that stand to get the bike into position more easily, then rolled it off an stuck a pit-bull rear tans with a forward facing handle, that would be perfect.

11. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

I made my own with just 4 swiveling casters & some 2x6s and 2x4s for a wooden platform. It was cheap & allowed me to put the bike up on front & rear stands.

12. Oh.

I had no idea; i didnt see a link in the thread and i don't think i have ever bought anything from Harbor Freight. From looking at it in the picture, i thought it would be a lot more expensive than that.

Shit, if it is less than $50 i might get some.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

They're actually $99 but the good thing with HF is they always have killer sales/coupons. I got one right now that expires this w/e for 20% off any item,that'd make that stand a decent buy if I needed one.

14. The extension for the kickstand, is there an extension on the other side just like it? It looks like it would take up more space than the motorcycle.

But it would be easier to move the bike around though.

I have the same shit going on. My garage is way too small. To be able to move a bike around, or put it on the stands and have room to mess with it, i have to move other bikes and shit out of the way. Even with one of those frame things, i still wouldnt have room to be able to rotated a bike 360deg. I need to add onto the garage, but i would rather get a new house.

They call it a "2 car garage"...but they must assume every family has 2 gayass Fiats.

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

XFBO, thanks for the price correction. I was too lazy to look when I was posting the response, but I did look up the cost of the Bursig, because I though they were only $400 not $600.

16. guy89zx7

guy89zx7 Kawasaki Rider

I have one. Not as easy to move the bike around as it looks.
    Push the bike and one or the other end will swivel around on you,hard to
    Keep it tracking straight. Made out of steel so its kinda heavy.

17. guy89zx7

guy89zx7 Kawasaki Rider

I'm in orlando so if you wanna check it out pm me.

18. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

when was your house built?

My house is 50 years old, and our 2-car garage is deep enough to put 2 or 3 bikes in front of both cars (or would be if I hadn't built shelves on the back wall), and it has a little area off to the side in the back where I can easily keep 3 bikes, and my folding trailer.

Hell, the garage was the reason we even considered this house... I asked my wife to visit it with our realtor while I was at the track :P Luckily she liked the rest of the house as much as I liked the garage.

19. I can't remember, like 2006 or some shit.

20. The garage is the main thing i will be worried about with my next house. I couldnt give less of a rat's ass about the house part; i just want a big pimptastic garage.