Guns, dating, and daughters

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, May 9, 2013.

1. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

My dad threatened sitting in the basement, in the dark, in his skivvies with a shot gun in his lap... When I brought Darren home my dad uttered a defeated sigh about him being a "full grown man". He wasn't happy, but they do get along.

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

agreed.

If you don't like your daughter's boyfriend, being a dick to him is only going to make her sympathize with him more.

If you've never met your daughter's boyfriend, waving guns in his face is hardly the way to start the interaction.

And lastly, if I'm dating your daughter, you shouldn't need a gun to intimidate me.

I only had one dad ever really scare me, and he barely spoke to me. As far as I know, he didn't own any firearms.

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I have a 15 year Old and a 12 year old....(Both girls) This will be creeping up on me soon I know.... Best advice I got from a buddy was to walk up to him when they are about to leave and whisper in his ear.... Hey buddy.... I just got out of Prison and I am not afraid to go back....

4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Yup. I have a 15 year old daughter, and several guns, and any parent that feels the need to display a firearm as some measure of intimidation to a prospective boyfriend/date is a total and complete pussy and deserves no respect at all. Be a fucking man and raise your kid to have respect for herself and to surround herself with people that respect her. If you have to pull guns out to scare potential dates you've already fucked up so bad it's too late.

Not to mention the horrible logic of the whole thing - does anyone who would do this really believe that the kid would think you're gonna shoot him? It's just idiotic and worse than frat boy chest puffing. If you're gonna do something, do it. If you're gonna fight, throw a fucking punch. If you're gonna pull a gun on someone, best be ready to pull the trigger - and best be defending your life, not trying to intimidate a teenage boy. Jeezus, who needs a fucking gun to intimidate a teenage boy?? Man the fuck up. Anyone who does that is a total failure as a man.

Now get off my lawn and stay away from my kid. :D

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

My dad (the youngest of 5) claims that a guy came to pick up my aunt once and tapped the horn to let her know he was there.

My grandfather told my dad and my three uncles to go outside and tell the guy, "Our dad says you need to come to the door to pick up his daughter, or we're supposed to drag you through it."

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I dated a girl in the late 70's whose dad went on a date with my mom. Well, my mom thought her dad was a king douche so she only went out with him once.

That obviously hurt his manhood so he told his daughter that she couldn't go out with me.

Damn, that girl worked her hardest to take her anger against her dad out on me....in the best possible ways of course:D

7. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I had a female friend that I would hang out with, and when we would double date... we would go pick her up, and wait for her date to show up.

Her dad would never be blatant, but he did seem to really like to clean his guns on Friday and Saturday nights...

8. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Winner....:crackup::crackup:

9. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Never had a father show his gun, but one did show me his samurai sword within 5 minutes of meeting him. That girl had her first baby before graduating HS.

10. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

The most intimidating I ever encountered...

"... So , your dad is Harry over on Ripple Creek. Right..."

11. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I picked up my prom date and got to meet each of her 6 older brothers. Sadly her father had passed away, but they filled his shoes quite well.

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

my prom date's dad was 5'5"

Her cousins, however, were pretty big guys. I thought it was cute that they were trying to intimidate me, because I had really only gone out with their cousin a couple of times, and was under no illusion that any funny business would be going down.

I actually am still friends with two of her cousins, and haven't talked to my prom date in 10 years :P

13. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Now that, is a different story. An older brother really will whip your ass if you get sideways with his sister, and most guys know that's a real possibility. I have a little sister. :D

14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

My son is under strict instruction to look out for his little sister.:up:

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Growing up in north jersey there were 3 types of dads. Ones with vowels for the last letter of the last name. They ended their sentences with "capiche?". Then the dads that had the zionists last names like berg, stein, witz, etc. Somehow the police, courts, lawsuits, and juvy were implied if you flubbed up. Then the "union jack" dads. Don't mistake their jovial demeanor for weakness. They wouldn't hesistate to smack you or adjust your attitude faster than you could complain.

16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

It's funny, after the girls turn 30, their dads beg us to take them away and get them pregnant :crackup:

17. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

My daughter brought home this little douche bag a couple years ago when we were building the moto track in my back yard. He started talking shit about how he road bikes and was a ex professional racer to my daughter. I found it my god given duty to call him out. While my 13yr old son was pancaking the 70ft double on a CR85, I told this kid to suit up and show us how the "pro riders" do it. After some waffling he gets on my CRF450 and proceeds to auger himself into the face of the very first jump. Out of breath, crying with two broken teeth and bleeding from all sorts of places my daughter looks at him and starts laughing. Never saw the fucker again......

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I once had a dad answer the door wearing nothing but tighty whities. I probably would have been more comfortable if he had been clothed and wielding a gun.

19. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

There are no words to describe how awesome this is :cool:

20. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Great scene :crackup:

I'm just glad I don't have any daughters, though I'm with the dads who'd lay down what would happen if the garden got tilled :)