1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick shift on YEC ECU

Discussion in 'Tech' started by slow honda, Apr 18, 2010.

1. slow honda

slow honda Well-Known Member

Trying to replace a pull dynojet quickshifter with a bazazz push quick shifter to change the shift pattern for GP shift. Couple of questions.

Anyone know the right color combo off the shifter to connect and make it work?
    Is the Bazzazz compatible or do I need a dynojet unit?
    Does the bike have to reved past a certain rpm for the shifter to function?

2. slow honda

slow honda Well-Known Member

Thanks for the overwhelming amount of responses to my dilema. I'm sure you'll all be happy to know I got it sorted out

3. Gumby647

Gumby647 SeƱor Member

I don't think the Bazzaz part will work. I'd reccomend sticking with the Dynojet switch. I'm pretty sure the Bazzaz unit uses a hall sensor and is not a switch like the Dynojet.

4. dr.z

dr.z Well-Known Member

What bike did you install the qs on? Did you install it via your kick stand plug? Do you have a kit wiring harness? Did you have to make any adjustments on the ecu to get the qs working? Last night I installed a dyno jet qs on my o9 R1. I have a kit ecu and I pluged it into the kick stand after splicing on a kick stand plug. I was only able to try shifting 1st to 2nd on my test run. It didn't shift with the qs. Does anybody know if you have to have the kit harness to get the qs to work?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  5. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

How did you get it all sorted out!
    If anyone else has input that would be awesome!

6. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

U need a dynojet unit. It does splice into kickstand switch

7. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

Why can't you use the Bazzaz unit?

8. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Bazzaz shift switch sends a voltage signal for shifting. Dynojet and others simply close or open a circuit. If you send the 5v signal to the ECU rather than completing a circuit to ground, it will damage the ECU.

9. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

Damn
    Thank you