1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wornn out f3 motor?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Dyle, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Anyone got one laying around collecting dust or rust you want to get rid of. Shoot me a PM. I want it complete though. Thanks

2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Go to a Kawi and I can help you out! I even got 2 bikes complete for sale plus several motors, bodywork, etc, etc,etc

And no that doesnt include my bike but money always talks lol

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I've been racing on one for 4 years :D :beer:

4. Dyle

Ive got a good SS motor and my SB motor. But Im wanting to build another one out of all these parts I have and thought I would try building it myself just to see if I can. Plus itll give me something to do with my time. Retirement gets so boring.....:beer:

5. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

I think I retired once. But then I decided I wanted to learn to race. Guess where all my money goes? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. walladm

walladm #147

Hey Dyle - you still looking for a motor? I may have a good project for you...

7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

what is a good F3 motor build putting out anyway? 100 to the wheel?

My F2 would pull 87hp on the dyno :P

I wish I'd never sold that bike.

8. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Depends on what you mean by "good build"

9. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

most stock ZX6R's (95-97) make around 102 at the rear wheel with pipe and jet kit.....

1997 ZX6R is a F3 model lol....

10. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Ive retired from racing twice.....still going....damn addictions

11. Dyle

A good stocker will pull about 95. A good 2ml built between 110 to 120rwhp. Depends on who does the work for you. Chris (Hippy) Birkle done my SB motor for me. He build Geoff May's F3s way back when he first started racing. So he build a really strong one for me. Im told 120RWHP or close to it. either way with me at 125lbs its a fast F3.:clap:

12. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

120 hp on an f3? come on dyle.i can see 105-108hp but 120hp...... is that engine lasting more than 1 wknd.

13. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Agreed....

I have seen several superbike F2 and F3 motors and none of them were in that range nor did they beat my ZX6r:crackup:

Maybe KMC can chime in and release how much his makes...I know he is lurking....lol

14. rwood64083

If I had a dope smoking smilie I'd post it for you Dyle. I'm not saying it's not possible, I think 110 (and especially pushing 120) there's way, way, WAAAAAYYYYY more than a 2mm kit installed.

A lot is gonna depend on what year motor is being built. F2 motors... tough to get the hp out of them you can an F3 motor. Stock for stock the 95 and 96 motors don't produce the hp the 97 motor did. And if you're gonna build an F3 motor the 98 is the hot ticket boasting the most hp. Ask me how I know :D

15. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

i've built a few f2 engines(no f3),most all made 100-104 range(100 oct fuel)it's all in the head work & cam's.(just my 2 cents)

16. rwood64083

17. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Mine runs on pump gas :)

18. rwood64083

And the last time you ran it (outside of the shop) was when?
    :Poke:

:D

19. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

I got one in a clean looking salvaged project I'm not going to finish.
    Plus new air tech bodywork

20. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

120? No way.