1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FPS Raided

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Sideshow, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

2. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

I would have thought the ATF already had their nose in his business with the guns he presents in his videos, but the again I have no idea what/if he borrows/owns.

3. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

It's called tannerite. ATF are fucking stupid.

4. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Tannerite is an explosive. Surely its governed in one way or another. Probably looking for other shit too while they were there.

5. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

Completely legal in most states. It's only "illegal" when there's an agenda. Throw as many charges as possible at the wall, and hope one sticks seems to be the M.O.

6. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

It is perfectly legal "when used properly"

You purchase 2 inert ingredients, they are legal for sale, travel, shipping, etc.

you can do this all day long legally.

It is only regulated when it becomes ert:D

You may not transport or ship it once mixed together, but it is still perfectly legal to blow stuff up on your own or leased with permission property (for now)

7. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Yeah, let's not solve an murder or anything like that. Instead, we'll focus the dozens, maybe hundreds of resources across three agencies to try to find something to charge Myers with since he's making lots of money in a way that we don't fully understand off of a substance that is perfectly legal but looks kind of scary.

Another article: http://www.guns.com/2013/03/28/fpsrussia-home-raided-by-atf/

8. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Ahahah, so let me get this straight....they willingly and knowingly made their own explosives, knowing this is illegal, posted it on Youtube in hundreds of videos which became one of the most viewed channels and now ATF is gonna "score" and arrest them!? ROFL!!!! How dumb are these ATF mothers? Isnt it much more plausible that they used perfectly legal over the counter tannerite?

Puuure BS.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Those agencies are there to go after people with illegal explosives, not solve a murder.

As for the whole youtube thing - yeah, people would never post something illegal to youtube :crackup:

10. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Never said it wasnt legal. The use of it can be controlled though and maybe they see something they dont like, could be a lot more to the story though. Who knows.. Suprising when you here how Fpsrussia talks when its in his real voice..

11. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I am confused. Is owning and using Tannerite illegal or not?

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Not in NH, evidently, I recently saw some at a gun shop.

13. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I figured that was a fake accent....

Only watched a few of his videos though.... I like some others better.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Unmixed it is legal to transport and sell. Mixed it is illegal to transport or sell, but legal to blow up.

15. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

The dude makes me laugh. Tank through the Drive-Thru bit was entertaining, and the AA shotgun is just plain bad-ass.

16. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

i might have to check out some more of his videos... you don't get that popular with out being good at what you do.

17. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Its legal to purchase here, no idea on the legalities of actually blowing it up.

18. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

My kid loved his videos and got me into watching his videos . The guy is honestly really good at what he does.

Good shot, very informative, Seems like honest reviews, and blows sheit up :)

19. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

From Wiki:

In the United States, ATF regulations allow the two components to be legally purchased, since neither one is an explosive by itself.[3] However, the mixture is an explosive once mixed, and cannot be transported without following strict regulations including insurance, packaging, and signage on the vehicle. Various regulations also govern the storage of mixed Tannerite.

With the pre-sized quantities, the company provides non-sparking polyethylene mixing bottles. As oxidizers and combustibles, the unmixed components still have shipping restrictions.[1]

A new Maryland law intended specifically to ban the sale or ownership of Tannerite became effective on October 1, 2012, and will expand the definition of an explosive to include "(II) TWO OR MORE COMPONENTS THAT ARE ADVERTISED AND SOLD TOGETHER WITH INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO COMBINE THE COMPONENTS TO CREATE AN EXPLOSIVE AS DEFINED IN PARAGRAPH (I) OF THIS SUBSECTION."[4]

So, as I understand the charges:

Myers “was known to use explosives and I don’t know if it was done with malicious intent,” Coes said, adding that Myers was blowing up cars, refrigerators and other items for entertainment purposes.

A person is required to obtain a federal explosives manufacturing license if they intend to engage in the business of manufacturing explosives for sale, distribution or for their own business, Coes said.

The ATF believed that Myers was violating this law.

“The claim is that he was using explosives and getting paid for it via YouTube,” Coes said.

So - We're not exacly sure if he was committing any crimes, AND what we are going after him for does not appear to be regulated (using explosives and posting on youtube). Seems kinda thin to me.....

As a side bar, there was another youtube post on here a while back, where the LEO's showed up, asked what was going on, then partook in the fun.... Like I said, seems someone had an agenda.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  20. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Like said, his name is Kyle. He used to do other videos before this for video games, typically the first person style stuff. FPSKyle was his youtube name and you can hear him if you look for those videos. Hard to put his face to a different voice when you've only seen his FPS russia videos. I've never seen a vid where he talks normally.