1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question to Yoshi (blast from the past)

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by fullmetalF4i, Jan 18, 2013.

1. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

Anyone know if he still has that Hobbi toyhauler?

2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Gypsy with his 8ball would know

3. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Isn't that the non-track attending, pasta spinning, Dear Abby replying lurker that does palmistry on the side?

:D

4. rwood64083

Don't know the racer but if you have any Hobbi trailer questions, I'm here for ya :up:

5. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

His new nickname is lurking in there somewhere...

6. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

you do anything special to the tundra to tow that thing? aftermarket anti-sway, or brake controller?
    also how hard does the 1/2 ton truck work towing it?

was hoping if yosh just had his sitting around collecting leaves, he wouldnt mind making some cash letting me rent it for the season.

7. rwood64083

The Tundra pulls the Hobbi great. Just a slight amount of drag when pulling hills (Mont Eagle) when loaded heavy (three bikes, a scooter, 2 bicycles, endurance gear along with all the other gear, spare F3 engine, lots of extra rims, Polini pocket bike and a partridge in a pear tree). Gas mileage blows! Truck came with a tow package. I installed a trailer brake controller. Ya gotta use it, typically when you're pulling a trailer with more than one axle. The previous owner gave us the load lever hitch and bars and I installed an anti-sway fiction bar (mounts to the hitch and attaches to the tongue of the trailer.

When we first bought it, I towed it home with Tacoma. Wasn't terribly bad, but even with it's light weight, for it's size, it was too much for the Taco. Kinda scared Susan on the way home with it. She called me at lunch the next day and said "I went to the Toyota dealership, found a truck and we're gonna test drive it tonight". Needless to say we drove the Tundra home that night :D

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

she's a good woman for sure.

9. rwood64083

I don't know what she's doing with me. Guess I'll stick around until she kicks me out :rolleyes:

10. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

That's thebsame plan I'm on.

Mine went to get me an avalanch when they first came out. She decided it wasn't enough truck for mw after looking at it.

11. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Even with a Tundra, just don't drive through the mountains on I-40 doing 70 with 30-40 mph winds. My traction control alarms were going off like crazy, and my wife almost pooped her pants. When in doubt, gas it!

12. rwood64083

This is suppose to be a thread about trailers for Curtis and here you are talking about your wife pooping herself. What's wrong with you man? :crackup:
    Better not let her find out you said that otherwise it's [​IMG] for you.

13. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Check your FB ya goof.

14. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I was going to say Curtis hes on my facebook friends list as well. Matthew Newman.

15. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

got in touch with him on FB, unfortunately he sold it a few years ago.
    btw, the suggest on "scroll through my friends" is more of a task when you have 630 than you think.

16. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

1.Search function.
    2.They're in alphabetical order.

17. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I need to look at mine. I dont even have an idea, you are probably right though about it being to many. Sorry Curtis.