1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lots of gun threads, what about a knife thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by studio819, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Nope

He's referring to the Kershaw lifetime guarantee

They will sharpen your knife for free, forever. And replace parts , which they're very generous about

So, having 2 sharp in the drawer, 2 in transit and 2 in use makes sense.

I live about 15 minutes from Gerber and Kershaw NA HQs

I just went to the Kershaw warehouse sale 10 days ago. Bought a bunch of knives I don't even really need for $5/each.

My 1740 is in my briefcase for work, used it today.

I must have 30 Kershaw/Kai/Shun knives now. The Shun are the really high grade kitchen knives used by pros.

2. metalkid88

metalkid88 Well-Known Member

damn how have i not known about this? my vapor could use some helping. where do you send it and what is the process?

3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Kershaw website. Print out the form. Wrap up the knife so nobody gets cut. Give USPS $5. They send it back on their coin.

4. metalkid88

metalkid88 Well-Known Member

damn i feel like its Christmas around here now :D

5. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

My dad taught me a cool trick.

He stashes them in a big planter somewhere he will remember and buries them in the chips.

Comes back a week or two later and bam, has his knife back.

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

My go to pig sticker
    [​IMG]

Since you cant get this one anymore and some a$$hole walked off with mine at Ft Polk in the mid-nineties.

[​IMG]

8. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Cold Steel. "Recon"
    Best all around carry knife ever. WILL NOT FOLD UP ON YOUR FINGERS.

9. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

:beer:
    Yes. I gave engraved Kershaw Leek's to all my groomsmen including a Mr. Matt Stone & Mr. Jeff Wood :)) nice to see you JD of similar fine taste. http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1550ST-Blackout-Partially-Serrated/dp/B0009VC9PE

Love my Leek for office EDC. Slim & stylish with a razor xacto blade.

For weekend's and non-office I have a Kershaw Ken Onion Blackout serrated
    http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1550ST-Blackout-Partially-Serrated/dp/B0009VC9PE

10. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Some lucky groomsmen! I think last wedding I was in, all I got was a coffee mug or something. LOL. Yeah, hate to wear out the Leek love but mine truly was an awesome knife. Excellent for daily duties opening UPS boxes and whatnot, and I would pity the fool who got stuck with it in a defensive situation. The assisted opening is slick. I'm ordering 2 new ones today.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't do knife fights unless I'm carrying a firearm.

Never been trained in knife fighting as I won't be anywhere nearby unless I have a firearm :D

I do have a sword, big ass two handed thing, mainly decorative if leaning in a corner of the basement is decoration...

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow, that is truly cool. I'll have to go track down the old ones, they usually wind up in the toolbox.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Love mine, need another chef though.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The one time I pitched an eighty dollar Kershaw I was too far along in line. I thought about just giving it to security but decided I would hate seeing it on some tv auction show :D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The current carry is this discontinued one -

[​IMG]

17. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Here's a few, including some I just picked up

[​IMG]

The two in the bubble packs were 2/$5 at the sale. There's more around the house, cars, back packs, tool boxes and a set of pink Kershaw flower pruners

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

The big folder looks nice.

19. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Forgive me but digging around in the vegetation at an airport is a good way to get shot imo.