1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

small request for the holidays

Discussion in 'General' started by fullmetalF4i, Nov 26, 2012.

1. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

Would just like to ask you guys if you can to avoid using ups this holiday season. Usps, fedex, dhl or anyone else go for it.
    After they destroyed my laptop and essentially told me to pound sand despite the extra I paid for the insurance I'm never using them again.
    Would like it if some of you guys could do the same over the holidays.
    Thanks

2. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Yes, because only one shipper has problems like that...

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Never use them anyway, but sure, done! :up:

4. 418

418 Expert #59

USPS lost a package of mine that I had delivery confirmation on as well as insurance. They claimed it was delivered and singed for but then wouldn't provide a proof of signature. I got nothing.

5. I hate to hear about your laptop. But i have had issues with all of them at some point. If i boycotted all of the shipping companies i have had issues with, I would have to hand-deliver everything. :)

Not to mention that UPS has a TON of employees. Why should all of them "suffer" because of the mistake made by the few whole handled your package?

6. Almostryan3

Almostryan3 Well-Known Member

Also did someone check it before shipped? Because I know I have heard these stories about items shipped from home because they don't open the package and check the condition of. Imagine breaking your laptop then shipping it getting insurance and making them pay for you to have a new one. That's why I always go to a UPS store to ship it because they inspect it there and you know who is responsible for it.

7. JAB

JAB Well-Known Member

Had my mountain bike shipped UPS back to my friends business from his house in British Columbia, insured for $7000.00. His Reciever signed for the bike, was a little damage to the box nothing major. I picked it up & took it home to reassemble and the head tube is crushed, somehow something came in through the hand opening & crushed it. That was end of August, UPS was F@cking HORRIBLE to deal with, never returned calls, beginning of every phone call had to go the the general customer service dept. and explain the whole ordeal over & over. Ended up getting $1000.00 towards a replacement frame that cost $3500.00.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They all suck!

Fedex guy kicked my dog.

UPS guy ran over my cat.

USPS guy backed into my car.

DHL guy slept with my wife.

9. Major

Major Well-Known Member

I shipped bodywork from NY to Texas last summer and they lost the box. How the hell do you loose a box that big? They made me jump through a lot of hoops but in the end I did get the refund.

10. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

True story, read it on the web. :p

11. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

1st choice - I use USPS when given the choice.
    2nd choice - FedEx, but they can take twice the delivery time.
    Last choice - I don't use UPS unless there is no choice, and they will not deliver to my P.O. Box and I have to provide a physical address or take delivery at one of their locations. :(

12. I don't like UPS because they always deliver late (to my house anyway). If a package is guaranteed overnight/next day...it will get there the next day, but it might show up at 8pm. That shit gets on my nerves.

When i pay for overnight shipping, i want the shit overnight. Meaning i want it coming up to my house with the damn sun.

13. Tunersricebowl

Tunersricebowl Fog, onward through.

Last Christmas my wife ordered some spendy cookware which was shipped UPS.
    Never arrived, showed delivered to doorstep.
    Reordered, same resut, reorderd a third time, same result.
    I talked to a driver I knew from all the ammo deliveries I've had over the years and he explained that street names are not used by the drivers, they look at street numbers but deliver to zone numbers and go off a number assigned to each box when it's loaded on the truck.
    Turns out my stuff was getting delivered to a house 1/4 mile away but the same street address because the shipper kept putting the wrong "zone" number on my packages.
    Finally got my stuff by ordering a fourth time and watching the tracking number, then chasing down the driver and asking him to hand select my box out of the truck and out of normal order.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  14. I wouldnt have made that last order. Once i figured out the issue, i would have went down to that house 1/4 of a mile away and got my other 3 orders.

15. Tunersricebowl

We did and they denied getting them..I guess they were re-gifting all around..
    Only paid for the first order, shipper admitted fault but could not figure out how to fix it.

16. Of course they denied getting them. :rolleyes:

Asshats

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I would have denied blowing their mailbox to kingdom come too. :D

18. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I use USPS for the most part, but you know this effort of yours is futile, right? They all suck, and none of them truly care. UPS is an ATL based company, so I see a lot of the good they do, and the direct impact it has on their employees.

How about this, rather than suggest people boycott a company for the holidays, how about some of you do something good.

How about you guys give back to a great cause. http://www.whbf.com/story/20180216/salvation-army-fights-poverty-through-angel-tree-program

19. Tunersricebowl

I stewed over it for a while but since they knew exactly who I was and had my address, I decided not to escalate.