The GNF is over...

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

and I'd like to say thanks to all of the corner workers, the officials, the Barber staff, the Zoom staff, Mr Barber, and especially the racers and everyone else that attended for making it an absolutely fantastic event. We couldn't do it without everyone working together to pull this stuff off.

Best part of this year was the absolute mix of fast riders from all over the WERA world. Really cool to have winners from every region.

2. Derrick1

Derrick1 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it was such a success. I hated missing it, but there's always next year.

This is the happiest I've ever heard you type, Mongo!:)

3. caferace

caferace No.

:up:

Well done!

-jim

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Easy to do following a good event. One rider hurt bad but he's looking like he'll be okay. Well, two, Matt Dalke crashed his bicycle out on the road and broke his hip, had surgery today but he'll heal too.

5. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I'll be done with school in the summer so I'm definitely going next year!

6. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Broken hip on bicycle?:wow:

7. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Yup. Was training on roade bicycle. Carson zinger said he hit something with one hand on the bars and was slammed down I think.

Great event. My day ended with a highside but I still had fun.

Thanks wera and the corner workers and all the other racers

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Try as he might even Mongo couldn't kill the GNF. Congrats on a great event.

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Great to hear it was a good event. How was race entries compared to previous years?

10. nomad600

nomad600 Well-Known Member

Thanks again to WERA and FBF. I like racing my bike and it is handy to have people there to pick it up when I do dumb stuff, like ride with a broken foot. :)

This weekend was awesome!! GNF FUN!!

11. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

Great event.

Awesome venue!

I raced with Wera for the first time this year cause Wera came to a track near me. (Blackhawk) I had fun so I went to another (Grattan). This got me the opportunity to race Barber! Great fun.

I would also like to thank Opie Caylor for helping me out with very good price on the part I needed to be able to race some on Sunday. If you are in the SE and need bike help be sure to give CaylorMade (his shop) a try.

Looking forward to next year!

12. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

13. jrockcolors

jrockcolors Well-Known Member

Work on being able to sneak in dogs and we will be there next year. :up:
    Sucked not being there ...But the muts go every where we go. :beer:

14. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Sneak being the key word, I saw several dogs this weekend. :D

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

just gotta keep them outta the view of the patrol car.

16. kmac

kmac Well-Known Member

Great weekend for sure! The Wera crew, Mongo and the Boss Lady did a wonderful job. It was great to have the GNF at Barber, no place better.

Thanks to all the fine folks who helped us out with parts and crash repairs, the Wera folks are tops!

And on top of it all Nathan got two first and two seconds on his second 600 race weekend.

Thanks All

17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Great weekend put on by WERA and thanks to all the corner workers. As usual I spent some time hanging out with em as usual it seems at Barber lol

18. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Yep.
    After I said we had to leave our's home. LOL

19. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Hopefully Kathy and I will be on board next year helping out with tech and such. We are both looking fwd to our new directions in racing.
    Once again we would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. WERA is our family, thicker than blood.
    I will be out of work thru the first of the year, but am usuing no O2, and am functioninng pretty well physically.
    Please stay in touch my friends!!!

20. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Great!! Can't wait to see you guys back out there. Tell Kathy I'm sorry for saying it looked bad in the pits. I didn't know it was you and said the rider was face down and it didn't look good. Jason about punched me in the neck but I didn't know and felt like the biggest asshole on the planet at that moment. I kept looking back but it didn't process in my head that was you until that moment Jason gave me the WTF look. I can't wait to see you again and give you the biggest hug... No homo.

Sorry about that Kathy.

Don't fail me in tech no big M!!