MotoGP | Motegi, Japan | October 13, 2013

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 11, 2012.

1. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

+1 Never been a fan of the little robot, but I want him to stuff it to jorghey. If for no other reason than to make the last 3 rounds worth watching...

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I've never been a fan of either honestly. But I can appreciate their ability. And Dani has been riding forever. And he's the only one with a shot.

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

But almost every round? There has been alot of "missing things" going on this year. I am going with conspiracy theory now.

4. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

At some point will it get to a place where we start to think , " maybe ben isn't ready to ride a motogp bike". Yes, I realize that this might not be a popular statement on here.

5. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Why don't you guys like Jorge?

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm starting to not hate him so much lately. He used to be like a watered down fountain soda.

Not a fan yet, but he's off my list to root for. :D

7. Putter

I can't stop thinking of him washing windows. :D

8. Putter

Besides, Whiner and that Jeff Gordon lookin dude who never talks get on my nerves.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Looks like a good way to get the CRTs out of the way while the fast guys do their thing - won't affect the general area of the grid for anyone but will allow the factory bikes to not get balked as much.

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Jorge is just slllllightly less boring than Dani. Slightly. He tries to be original but even with space man suits, it seems like a bad, unoriginal, copycat of Rossi's antics.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On someone - he wasn't that much harder on the brakes than the other guys and having the fluid boil is a mechanical issue of some sort.

Yeah in practice a caliper stuck and the temps hit almost 1k Celsius. Something like 1700+ degrees Fahrenheit. Pretty impressive really :D

I'm wondering though if he had the same calipers on during the race and the temps caused the later issue.

12. "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." - Napoleon Bonaparte

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

When did he crash at Motegi prior to the first mechanical problem?

I definitely agree the bent bike earlier this year was his fault, he bent it and he chose not to swap to the B bike after the warmup lap. The suspension had nothing to do with a crash nor did the blowing up or anything else I can remember (although I am old and senility is setting in :D )

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah because the rider controls collapsing suspension, brakes going out, bikes blowing up... :rolleyes:

It's not a popular comment because it makes no sense. The guy was running third in a MotoGP race before being taken out by a mechanical issue - how in the world does that translate to he isn't ready?

15. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

All I'm saying is there is always a common denominator. He hasn't finished on the box all year, even the races he finished. Does that make him unworthy, or not ready, to be in motogp? Absolutely not. He's world class, but something's wrong.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally agree, something is absolutely wrong. I'm seeing some rider error but not a huge amount - so what are the other common denominators? Crew and bike is all I can think of.

17. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I don't think a reasonable person could say it's the bike. I know there are some differences between the 4 Yamaha's out there but not that much.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He punted Rossi out of Yamaha. :D
    What first mechanical problem? :confused:
    I saw him fall in a slow corner in qualifying. Is that what you're talking about?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The caliper dragging in practice - the assertion was that crashing is causing the mechanical issues so I'm wondering where the practice crash was that caused the caliper to stick. I know the QP crash was after that.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't totally disagree but not sure if the shock issue was a factory problem or the team - it wasn't a part that was Ohlins responsibility. Without knowing the results of the teardown no real way to know if the engine letting go was a factory issue or a team issue either.

The bent bike was him, and some of the other stuff is definitely team. I honestly think it's really a combo of everything, they are all messing up in certain areas it's just all happening in one season so it's worse than normal.