Are you 'blue collared'?

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Do you labor for a living? Lord knows I do. I'm a welder in a car mill. Before that I worked in maintenance. Before that, there were various stints in framing, electrical, plumbing, and lawncare.
    I tried going to college (Greenville Technical College)....:rolleyes:...after getting my high school diploma, but, after three weeks it really sucked.

So, here I am today: A broken down shell of a man who likes PBR.

Whatcha got? You a laborer?

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

search man... this thread has been done like 13x times.

3. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

I labor through reading your posts... does that count?

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:crackup:

5. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i hoped someone would chuckle at that :D

6. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

My collar is so lily-white, you'd get sunburned within 10 feet, Metalhëd.

But I paint and repair my own bodywork, do my own wrenching (auto/diesel and bike), do my own A/C, do my own welding (but I have to rent a damn welder), etc.

I was bluecollar. Worked as a rolling-steel door mech. Fuck that shit, I'd rather fly my desk. Did I mention I work from home most days?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Are you asking if I wear denim shirts?

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Collar? I'm not even wearing pants right now.

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I just farted. No one in the office complained.

10. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

I love doing that! :crackup:

11. SUPER K

SUPER K Run-off Tester

Commercial Glazier of 15 years. I don't know if I would have my collar any other color.

12. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

Skirt? If so, blue or white?

:D

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Just wondering what weld shop ain't welding at 2 pm? ...and did you wash your hands after posting this?

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yellow mesh sided banana hammock, chuck taylor high tops and a set of blue/ tortoise Oakley Disobeys and that's it, baby!

Get that image out of your head now, sucko! :D

15. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Spent 17 years doing project management in the landscape industryBefore my health went south... Khaki or green collar maybe

Did a few years in bike shops... Crew neck ?

Went back to school, started as a draftsman, moved into project management, and now work as a manufacturing engineer in the auto industry... Dirty white and a bit threadbare?

16. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I prefer to be thought of as red necked....

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Blue collar to gray collar to no collar.

18. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Was blue collar, but somebody has to run the show too... Got into Mgmt and been here ever since.

Now I get to ride the BBS train everyday. :D

19. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Twenty years of building boats and planes. Big ones, fast ones, boring ones. Saw the light and found a desk. LOVE IT. I like getting my hands dirty every now and then, but it's so much more satisfying to watch someone else work. Been there, done that. It's my turn to watch.

20. Yes and no. Im in a "Blue Collar Industry", but i am a Supervisor/Consultant.

But I did spend several years working harder than 99% of the world on my way up the ladder (as a Roughneck and Derrickhand). While the pay sucked for the amount of work i did, it was pretty damn fun.

Everybody in the world should experience standing 95' in the air on a 2.5' wide platform, with your whole body leaning off the front of the platform, with all of your weight against a 4" wide belt across your waist/hips, while holding a 100' tall stand of drill pipe with a 3/4" rope, waiting for the Top Drive to come screaming by you WFO so you can let go of the rope and throw the pipe into the Elevators (lifting device) on the fly.