1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Endurance Points by Class?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by t11ravis, Aug 30, 2012.

1. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I knew I would regret not getting to Miller this year. :(

2. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

I thought everyone wanted to do Miller?

:D

[​IMG]

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're still planning on sprint racing there.

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Say it ain't so.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing is set in stone yet but even though people don't see it we really are working on rebuilding the series.

6. mperussault

mperussault Well-Known Member

Something to think about:

In the standard WERA race schedule every morning is "practice". So half of the race week end is wasted in practice a non revenue producing activity.

So may be on an Endurance day you could do the following:

In the morning have 2 mini endurance races 45 minutes long without pit stops: (for sprint bikes / racers)
    One 600cc - 45 minutes timed race (AMA length)
    One 1000cc - 45 minutes timed race
    And have 2 round of practice before these 2 races for the racers in the 45 min time race and the endurance racers only. (2 groups)

That could bring you 20 sprint racers in each class at $200 *40 = an extra $8,000 in revenue.

Schedule would be:

8:30-8:50 600cc practice (Endurance and 45 min. timed race)
    8:50-9:10 1000cc practice (Endurance and 45 min. timed race)
    9:30-10:30 600cc 45 minutes timed race
    10:30-11:30 1000cc 45 minutes timed race
    11:30 - 12:30 Lunch
    12:30- on Endurance race 4 or 6 hours

7. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

No lwt?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And only 20 min practice with Ex & Nv together?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW on the points, I was working on them while printing the GNF invites and still no clue what the hell I did to things, there's an issue starting with the results at Road Atlanta so I've called in the code monkey to fix whatever I messed up. Worst case it'll just be nuking that event and redoing it so not a huge deal but may take a few more days.

10. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

I don't care about no stinkin' endurance points :D

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Combined practice is standard for LWT, but since LWT isn't on the schedule at all I guess that doesn't count. :D

12. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

It would be possible to work out an arrangement like was suggested where practice is partially turned into a paying event, but logistically it might be a nightmare. I'm sure there would be some crossover teams running both events, but it seems to me there would be a lot of teams only wanting to run one or the other. This would mean the practice sessions would be considerably more crowded and would also combine experts with novices (not that this isn't already done in endurance, but the sheer number of riders would be much higher).

It would also mean the hot pit area would have to change considerably from the morning race to the afternoon race instead of teams simply being able to go set up their pits in the morning during practice. Waiting for someone else to vacate a spot, then setting up the pit at the same time you're doing tire changes and setting up the bike for the long endurance race during the 1 hour lunch break would be a real headache.

13. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Points appear to be fixed!

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

15. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

Don't get so cocky...you still haven't fixed the number thing I asked you about changing 4 months ago! :moon:

16. mperussault

:rock:Hey we got some points!!! Yeeeeepeeedoooo!

17. mperussault

Yes and that would be 30 bikes max. (20 from 45 min race and 10-15 endurance for 600cc and SVs).

We do the endurance practice today with 22 bikes: sv650, 600 and 1000 combined.

No big deal.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I fixed that shit twice already! Where is it showing? In the points?

19. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

Yep. In Class points and Overall points.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damnit.