1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracking an android phone

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Sep 8, 2012.

1. papa911

papa911 Well-Known Member

I understand that you posted she was at work the previous times she was overdue and no contact, but you still are wanting to track her as if she is decieptful. Unconcerned? Not me. Are you over protective? Paranoid? A meddler? Untrusting? I think yes.

I hope the best for you and her, sincerely. Good luck.

2. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

From a parent who has 2 girls and the oldest is just like her dad! An ass who when she makes up her mind she is going to do what she wants and no one is going to stop her.
    Now I just like you love my kids and want then safe and sound.
    But if you have trust issues you need to sit her down and talk it through.
    Give her rules to follow and tell her why your upset she didnt contact you when you thought she should. if shes at work and working, not just hanging out and not coming home.
    Then you need to treat her like an adult. She is not doing anything wrong and you need to let her have a little space.
    The HARDEST thing as a parent is to let them grow up and be responsible for there actions and there life.
    Now if you have already discussed this and she just didnt call cause she didnt want to then you have to treat it like she shows you no respect.
    I made it a point to never lie to my kids and to be honest and open with my kids to a fault. Trust me they dont want to hear how men are and we are after and what men will do the get it.
    I dont know the relationship you have with her and im not going to tell you how to be a parent. I learn every day that we make mistakes and will make the wrong choices.
    But i do urge you to sit down and share your fears about how you worry if something bad where to happen and you want her safe.
    explain your thoughts and them meet in the middle and give her the respect that you want shown to you.
    I think you will find that they will understand your point and tell her that a call would go a long way to making you feel like she is safe.
    Treat her as an adult and you she will surprise you.
    Then track her phone! LOL But really the trust will disappear if you get caught.
    Ask any woman how hard it is to get it back. Daughter or not.
    Wish you well. Oh and my kid has been through the drugs and booze faze. She has been sober for a year now. She told me i didnt care if she was High and that i didnt know! I told i did in fact know and that yelling at her would not have done a thing to stop her! It would be like telling me i cant do that! Id try harder!
    Its kinda funny now. But she made up her mind its was a bad road to go down and she stopped on her own with my support! Im very proud of her and will always be there when she needs me. She is 17.
    Best of luck and ask yourself how someone would go about getting you to call home when you where her age. Or ask your wife, she has to take after one of you. then go from there.
    I really hope this helps you with your kid.

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V-6

3. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Then track her phone! LOL :crackup: :beer:

4. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

5. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

Not a tracking option but have the "Where's my droid" app installed on the phone.
    1) its super helpful when you lose your phone between couch cushions and its on silent (text "Where's my droid" to the lost number and it will start ringing at full volume)
    2) you can access the GPS location of the phone as well by texting GPS my droid to the phone and you'll get a Google map with the gps coordinates of the phone.

man i remember when there werent cell phones and rolling somewhere with my friends that my parents didnt know about. They didnt go out and get a tracking anklet for me thats for sure, but there was some yelling, probably some grounding going on...

6. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

You sir, may fuck off.

The child KNOWS a find my family will be put on the phone and understands why, as we have an open relation and she is a smart kid, THAT FORGETS to check in.

Tell me, all you, "you are meddling and don't trust her"types.

Your wife or girlfriend should be home from work at 5pm.
    Her office closed at 4 pm
    This already takes into account heavy traffic.

She does not show up by 6.
    Still not home at 7
    You have tried calling at this point but the phone rings and goes to voice mail
    Still no contact by 8
    Nothing at 9
    Have not heard from her at ALL by 10 p.m, 11, 12, 4 a.m....
    Are you worried or concerned about here yet:Poke:

How many hours have to pass before you give a shit about possible harm (abducted, car wreck, etc) having happened to your loved one?

I think with a new driver and a young girl the allotted time to pass is greatly reduced from that of a person that has been driving for years/decades and one that may be a little more street wise.

Now if anyone else wants to question my parenting, go stick your head in the oven and turn on the gas before you post.

I looked at the "where is my droid" app and may put it on I don't find anything better

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

GPS tracking devices are available for the car. Alot of companys use them to track their commercial vehicles, and alot of meddling, untrusting, paranoid husbands and fathers use them to track their loved ones. :D

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

What a shitty parent! Caring where their kid is and wanting to ensure that they are not doing something silly like teenagers are known for.:D
    I totally agree with wanting to track a kid that cant take the time to check in. Fortunately for me it only took 1 solid ass chewing for my 16 yr old to realise that she needed to communicate when things changed. I really dont understand the whole "let them grow" no rules crowd. Kids need guidance, especially thru their teenage years and since they are still living at home there are rules in place that they need to follow. Good on ya for being a parent instead of a BFF with a credit card.:up:
    Sprint has a pretty good one so I am sure there is something. I would call the customer service line of your carrier and see what they have to offer.
    https://sfl.sprintpcs.com/finder-sprint-family/moreInfo.htm

9. papa911

She was at work. You sir, may go talk to a proffesional.

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

She could have been laying in a ditch bleeding after wrecking the car just as easily. How would you feel if you had the "I am sure she is fine" attitude only to find that she was in a wreck. Or that your cute teenage daughter has been abducted and that the police are now starting 4 hours late on the investigation?
    Everyone parents differently but like Fencer I have issues with the "fly little bird, fly" method of parenting. If a kid is suppsed to check in then they better or there will be consequences.

11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I guess i'm in for it, my daughter is only 3 and I raise hell if she doesn't answer me from the other room .....

12. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Ease up on the guy! At least he takes the time to make sure she is safe.
    One guy does this and how many other parents dont give a shit.
    As i said the hardest thing we have to do as parents is let them be responsible for there actions. Thats where talking to them works the best.
    Let her know is she has to be late just call. Problem solved.
    Now if she is working tell her boss that it would be nice to get a call if she gas to work late.
    Then track the phone! LOL

Steven Isenhower # 52 200V-6

13. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

You sir, need to go back to school and get some reading comprehension skills.

Again, please tell me how I knew she was at work?:Poke:

I guess you posted before turning on the gas. READING COMPREHENSION - YOU NEED IT.

Crashman,
    Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  14. papa911

I never said you knew she was at work, but now you do know she was at work as you have stated so. So, she was at work but you still want to track her as if she can't be trusted to get herself home. There was no abduction, car wreck, partying, out with a boy, nothing.
    You are getting the tracker as a control because she didn't contact you, and because it is going into place after her so called disrespect, it is not out of concern, but a sort of punishment or a way of telling her she can't be trusted.

If she was out till four am I'd be with you. She sounds like a very good kid who deserves to be trusted.

Please don't insult me again, this is my last post in your thread. Good luck.

15. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Can my daughter just stay six forever?

16. caferace

caferace No.

If she doesn't contact you by the time she turns seven, well...

-jim

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yes..but she won't be neary as much fun. I'm not sure they would let you keep the urn in your cell either.

18. caferace

caferace No.

Yer a sick man, Kenny.

Kinda funny too. :crackup:

-jim

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

OK, let me see if I'm tracking.

Works 15 minutes away
    Hasn't made it home an hour after her shift was supposed to end
    Isn't answering her cell phone

Am I covering everything?

Did you call her work to find out if she was still there?

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to side with the "overreactors" here. Instead of doing the next logical step, "Hey, this is Kiddo's dad, she was due home an hour ago and I haven't heard a peep, is she still there at work?", you fly into a tirade about her disrespecting you and wanting to stuff a GPS up her keister.

In 15-1/2 years, you can ask me how I feel about my 16 year old daughter, but unless there's a *lot* missing from this story, sounds like you're making the Himalayas out of an anthill.

20. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Thank goodness, you have had nothing useful to add.

Go back to lurking
    No, you are not tracking.
    No, you are not covering everything.
    This is an abbreviated version and even that seems too long for some to comprehend.

Yes, I called her work, there was no answer there, either.

I think I will go with the where is my droid app.

Thank you to the folks that can actually read an contribute to the question that was asked rather than offering an opinion on something that they do not have all or even many facts on.