Brad Burns- AMA - DQ'd for cheating

Discussion in 'General' started by birdie56, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It is techs responsibility to double check the machines whenever possible and if you have not kept up your responsibility to keep the machine able to pass tech at all times as it says in the rules then you get penalized. If you are being penalized then the simple fact is tech is obviously doing their job properly.

Not sure why our tech guys stress overt the vin as you can race without one but eh, not a big deal.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

1st offense is $25 and goes up as the lesson isn't learned.

Serious question - what are you bitching about if you have no idea how WERA handles these things?

3. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Please elaborate Sean. I was under the impression a VIN was mandatory.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Safety wire requirements in our current rulebook reflect items that I know for a fact have fallen off of motorcycles at WERA races and hurt the rider or other riders. Not one single thing in there hasn't happened at one of our rounds.

If all of our riders had professional mechanics then I'd write a rulebook reflecting that.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What is there to elaborate on? They're not mandatory. You can race with a replacement frame with no VIN. You can race GP bikes with no VIN. You can race a homemade frame with no VIN and so on. They're not required. There is a line for them on the tech form and if you are eligible for oem money and don't have it then you're going to have issues but that's about it.

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

So if there is no OEM money we don't have to worry about putting the VIN on the tech form?

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

This is a good question because at Tally back in February the guys in tech were very adamant that I fill out the VIN section on my 2 old vintage bikes.

8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

You guys act like it's so hard to print the tech form, write in your VIN, and then make 20 copies of the form with your VIN already filled in...

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yep:D

10. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Bike all over the world aren't on a Race track and don't have someone wrenching on them during every Use cycle. Sorry but you riders forget stuff ALL the time. and some times the results aren't that positive. Looking back on things, you probably would have wish you headed the tech warning and not end up in a wheel chair or worse. Mark B in a a wheel chair for a .30 cent clip.

11. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

I guess there was something to elaborate on, because you just did.

Thanks, that cleared things up.

12. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

HEY HEY HEY, WHOA NELLY.......Common sense has no place in this converstation:Poke:

13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

You two shut it.

:D

14. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

While on the topic of tech, I love rolling up with the cleanest bike in the paddock (usually), and breezing through tech. When you show up looking like you care about and maintain your bike, it seems ironically enough to help speed things up. Even better is after crashing and the bike is still cleaner than most.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have to remember my audience on occasion.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Makes it a LOT easier to check the wiring and not have to visually track down the sources of grunge. Thank you!

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

Serious question- why is everything "bitching", to you???
    I'm not bitching......I'm merely saying that if I missed something, & if tech misses it, as well......& then notices it later, & I've made no changes.......why should I be fined?? Because it's "in the rule book"?

My bike is meticulously clean, & will pass tech every time.
    (I can hear you already....."then why are you bitching about it!?" :D)

18. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

If there was a class for "Best of Tech" my bike would win eveytime!!!

19. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Do Josh a favor and answer my email, so he dosn't have to get his butt whopped this weekend :moon:

J/king but do reply back to me :)

20. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

How, after you return to your pits, is tech supposed to know that you've made no changes to your bike? Most people will pull wheels at some point during a weekend, and I know plenty that will do an oil change at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.