1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 5 already Elkhart lake AMA SPOILER

Discussion in 'General' started by chadspaint, May 30, 2012.

1. 2OLD2SLOW

2OLD2SLOW Well-Known Member

Not sure what prompted the willingness to use TC in some form, but rest assured, it's not even close to a stock system! Josh, feel free to weigh in on the motivation part... And GREAT job again this weekend!

2. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I'm only guessing here but I don't think Josh's bikes have seen a stock ECU since about 30 minutes after they were first uncrated. :Poke:

3. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I realize its not the stock system, I just wonder if it was merely coincidence that hayes, and the r1, went TC for 2012.....

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Simplified.:up:

5. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

Lost all my respect for young when he became retarted on that front straight away. Way to disrespect your team... NO CLASS!

I hope Herrin kicks his ass this season.

6. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Hayes has said on record a # of times that the team worked very hard in the offseason to uncork more motor. Compare 2011 to 2012 Daytona banking runs. Plus Josh, again on record, has mentioned his massive motivation/commitment to increasing his performance level. He showed up at Daytona noticeabley leaner than 2011, and he was already lean!

7. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I'm a big J.D. Beach fan, and it was very cool to see him get on the box in race 2! Hopefully there's more of that in the future.

8. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

in my opinion is, tommys motor wouldn't blown up last year he would of been in the championship at the end I think. maybe they will have him on the team instead of blake ,tommy hayden is a total class act. the yamaha in the yosh bikes have almost the same speed. if you remember back in the beginning the yamaha could not get off the corner as fast as the yosh bike now a days the yosh bike cant get off the corner as fast as the yamaha

9. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

Richard (Stanboli) said the chain broke -- as in a side plate, not rivet. No clip master links used -- only riveted links. Sunday it was something else.

Not a good weekend for the Attack boys but good to see Rapp running up front until...

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

BNG!

11. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Last year you could tell Josh had to ride the wheels off the R1 to keep pace with Young. Young appeared to get rattled easier.
    Given 2011 bikes - I'd take the Suzuki any day.
    2012 bikes - sure seems like the R1 is on par with the Gix now. I just think Hayes is THAT much better. It's not the bike that is dominating now.

And yeah, in club racing/privateer level, the R1 is kind of a turd.

12. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

I wouldn't take away from the team either. Josh seems to really be surrounded by a great team as well. The whole package is really working for them, obviously. :D

13. Hypnotiq

Hypnotiq Well-Known Member

I just hope Josh gets a serious look from the WSBK guys after this year!

14. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

thought the crap he was pulling with the throttle was pretty bush league.

15. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

+1

Sucks he is getting "old" as far as racing goes.

But he is giving everyone a big "EFF YOU" that might question his age/years left, by being the fittest, most badass dude in the AMA.

dude is amazing all around, and has the most kickass attitude, and seems like the most genuine dude racing these days. No hot headed ego= huge respect in my books

16. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

I think Josh has just elevated his game more than the rest. It's going to be a VERY long season for Blake.

17. 2OLD2SLOW

2OLD2SLOW Well-Known Member

If Team "Y" jumped back in it would probably be more likely. He is the best that there is in the AMA right now IMHO, but I can't imagine a team making him a significant offer to come and learn new tracks on new equipment, etc. etc... I mean it's not like another recent multi time AMA SBK Champion had much success doing that, right?!

18. Hypnotiq

Hypnotiq Well-Known Member

This!

I've had the chance to hang out with Josh at a charity event a few times here in the Northwest and he has always been awesome to talk to/hang out. And boy, he'll talk your ear off if ya let him. :crackup: I remember at one point we had been talking for about 45mins about random ass shit and then the event organizer came over and tells him to head out and turn some laps. Josh came back in 20 mins later and we chatted for another 40 mins. Best racer in the paddock, by far!

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And who might that be?

20. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member