1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you need an EZUp?

Discussion in 'General' started by r6racer75, May 14, 2012.

1. r6racer75

r6racer75 Well-Known Member

2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

hmm which one is one to buy and one to stay away from?

Sierra

Jamboree

Express II

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I have had one of those and bought it 7 years ago.... Still holding up great... Its not my Primary one but I do keep a bike under it... Only thing that sucks are the legs are angled...

4. GoldStarRon

GoldStarRon Well-Known Member

It all depends... I have had two new EZ Ups both did not survive their first day at Willow Springs... high winds will ruin the cheapies FAST... Going to buy a heavy duty one next time... So, if you never get in a high wind situation, then those light weight ones will be great...

5. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

If you look at the bottom of the kmart ad above, they have "EZ-UPs" for $139...the real thing! Seems like a descent price for the real deal? Aren't they usually $200?

6. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

As long as it's a straight leg canopy I'd be all over it. The steel ones crumple just like the Al ones.

7. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

First up FTW. This is the Wally world 79$ deal and I think its better than the lower end EZ ups. Our pit had 2 first ups and 1 EZ up (lower end version) set up Saturday overnight at Barber this weekend. When we got to the track Sunday am (rain & wind all night) the EZup was the only one that failed. The EZ up collected water in ponds because the top does not have the velcro tabs along the edges to prevent sagging.

8. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

My First Up has lasted over 3 yrs of racing, the only issue I have with it is the spring clips, in the legs for telescoping, get squashed over time and become real hard to push in. Other than that, I got my $80 worth a while ago! But the EZ Up frame is sooooo nice and smooth to open! When the First Up fails, I'm going EZ Up.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

10. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

I bought one last spring, one of the 10x14's. Fortunately I got the extended warranty- it didn't last the first weekend that I used it. I returned it and got another; it lasted for 2 months- 6-7 weekends of use. They're chinese made garbage, not the good stuff from EZ-UP. :down:

11. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

I've had 2 ez-up's break on me this year already. The legs bend right under the slide. Up top where they click in. They wont collapse after that.

12. +1 to the wally-mart First Ups I've had 2 of them. One of them was a mounted permanent structure for my dogs with a misting system during the summer. I was amazed that it lasted a straight year in the cold/heat of the weather of Lancaster. The other I still have and use for racing. at 89$/each. FTW!

I like that I can put up and take down the First Up by myself with no hassle. Everyone always wants to help then is surprised that I do it so fast and easy, alone.

13. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

14. hazexban

hazexban Slow Poke

After having a few canopies fail I decided to spend more up front, I got one from thehutsho. The one I got is by Premier Tents, a little pricey but it's a tank. Worth a look.

15. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, Express II is good. I would however look for or order a blue top if you're in a place where you want more protection from the sun. The white lets a lot of the light through and seems hotter underneath even though it's more reflective.

17. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

My dad had the old 10x10 E-Z up steel frame. We used to put an old box fan in the top of it to keep air moving. Red Neck ceiling fan. Also used to put clip on work lights in the top too for night time. He still has the tent. Thing is over 20 years old now and still in good shape.

18. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

The white seems to also attract the love bugs down at jennings....

19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

If you want your ez up to survive wind, don't bolt the top to the frame. When the wind picks up I let it loose some so the velcro doesn't hold it to tight. It blows the top off. When the wind stops, you put the top back on.

Oh, I like my black top. It stops th elight real well

20. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

I have a Qwik Shade commercial thats still in very good condition. Bought it in 2000. Survived some serious storms without bending.