1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Leathers.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sideshow, May 8, 2012.

1. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

Friend of ours had his leathers up and walk out of the pits at Homestead this past weekend.

2. LilRichard

LilRichard Well-Known Member

Thanks SS - meant to post here as well. This was at CCS Homestead.

Fucking thieves...

3. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

That sucks. Doubt it would make it this far north, but will watch my local craigslist.

OT but do have a question for ya Rick. I just git a new Syed. How much will it stretch out while "breaking in", especially in the shoulders. Never had a custom made suit before.

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Damn Rick that just sucks.... I will keep an eye out up here...

5. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

Damn man.. sorry to hear it. I'll keep an eye out...

6. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Ok, so far we've had one R6 and one set of Syeds disappear at the CCS Homestead round... and that's just what's being reported on the WERA bbs.

Reason #236 why Dits don't do CCS.

7. chuckbear

I guess you've missed all of the "stolen" threads from WERA rounds. Cool out on those blinders there Mr. Dits. :Poke: :D

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What kind of idiot steals a set of leather like that? Even if you take the name off the front and rear the outline is still going to be there so they're worthless for racing or trackdays (once the word gets out).

9. chuckbear

I was thinking the same thing. Your only hope is probably to try to resell them quick and quiet. I'd be watching craigslist.

10. Dits

Everytime you guys get back from Homestead, the internet blows up with all your stolen shit. As a general rule, you guys lose about half your stuff to thievery each time you go.

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Local dragstrips.

12. chuckbear

I didn't think anything had gone stolen from the Feb event but maybe I missed it.

I do see people leaving a lot of stuff in the garages overnight after Saturday practice and wonder how smart it is though..

13. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

really doesnt matter where you are.I remember leathers and stuff vanishing fom Mid O during AMA rounds.Folks were actually sleeping in the garages in the hopes of catching them

14. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Damn sorry to hear about your leathers will keep an eye out for them.

Damn I left a lot of my tools in my garage pit overnight with the bike on stands. I was kind of worried but the last few times it's been ok doing that. I guess next time I will put them in my buddies trailer since I have an open trailer.

15. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

for fucks sake man.. :Poke: How much stuff has been stolen from Road Atlanta? ccs doesn't even go there.. Laptop COMPUTERS were snagged out of a TRUCK at the rrr wera round. Shit goes missing wherever there is opportunity and a dirtbag in the same vacinity.

Rick and I shared our suspisions on who took the leathers. This individual has been known on one other occasion at the VERY LAST ROUND to "accidentally" have his pit neighbors generator wind up in the back of his pickup truck. The owner comes over as this rider is talking to me on his way out of the track saying "what the fuck man".. and this rider calmly says "oh-thought you left it, it was going to stop you on the road to give it back". Other questionable activity, but no solid proof he snagged the leathers. And naming a name would be stupid at this point.
    And for what it's worth, I think stuff like this gets sold through other channels. In Miami stuff is often stolen then shipped down to South America and even Bermuda where there is a demand for roadracing stuff and you would never see it on Ebay or other obvious places to look.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

^This^

17. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

To bad the stolen R6 had nothing to do with the CCS round. Take the blinders off Dits shit gets stolen everywhere. Another reminder why you don't leave stuff laying around or unlocked

18. Dits

Seems to me stuff grows legs at Homestead at an unusually high rate.

... and yes, lots of sticky fingers at Road Atlanta too. That's why we've formed the notorious squadrons. :D

19. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i agree, both tracks due seem to have a much higher theft of stuff rate than other tracks. But we both would likely agere if ccs and wera switched places at these venues you would STILL have the theft problem.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That's just nasty.