1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No more divorce in North Carolina.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Past Glory, May 8, 2012.

1. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Now that North Carolina voters have approved the measure to ban Gay Marriage and Gay Civil Unions and thus strengthening the "sanctity" of marriage beyond all measure, I guess we have witnessed a grand new era where Heterosexual couples will finally live up to those vows they take in the houses of their deity and the act of divorce will pass forever into distant memory.

It's a brave and wonderful moment in time. What will all those North Carolina divorce lawyers do now?

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

File suit

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Talk about a non sequitur. What the hell does one have to do with the other? Surely you're not going to claim that gay marriages don't end in divorce?
    You've mixed together a hodge-podge of nonsense with your post.

4. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

the point I got out of his post is that there is no "sanctity" of marriage anyway, so why use that as a BS reason to stop others from getting married. If there was such a thing as "sanctity" in marriage then divorce would be outlawed as well.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You know things are royally fucked up in the world when Smokey McPot gets it and the straight edge is left scratching his head...

Mike, seriously, have you suffered any blows to the head recently? You've embraced a level of dumb never seen since AMAfan met his demise.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The sanctity of marriage thing has zero to do with it. The reason people are against gay marriage is that it is a ploy to define homosexual behavior as normal. It is one thing to say that people have a right to do what they want, it is another to present it as normal behavior. Can you see the difference?

7. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

Where do you get that it is a ploy to define homosexual behavior as being normal? Maybe they just want the same rights as everyone else. Do you have any proof that people are not just born attracted to the same sex? I'm not saying that there is proof that people are born that way, but there is also no proof that they are not born that way either as far as I know.

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Seems the Op has a problem with the way our voting system works.

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Remember the 'ploy' to get niggers in our schools?

Rat bastards those were...

[/white cone head]

10. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

:stupid:

I understand there are some levels of disconnect, but generally speaking the majority will vote in the laws they approve. This isn't a complex idea. The majority, for now and in North Carolina, disapproves gay marriage. I'm not saything that is either right or wrong and I'm not arguing with you, I'm just telling you how it is.

11. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

+1

There should be bisexual marriages too. It’s all normal when it’s all accepted.

12. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

No, it's the ploy to cast homosexual behavior as aberrant. It's not. It's been around as long as heterosexual behavior, and is seen in every mammalian species to at least some extent. The fact that it's not the dominant sexual behavior doesn't make it non-normal.

So does the 14th Amendment (US Constitution) when it comes to a majority deciding to give a subset of the people restricted rights under (civil) law. It will be overturned eventually.

For now, it's just another state I will avoid setting foot in, buying anything from or supporting in any way. There are 30 now. Someday there will be none (once the USSC finally rules on Prop 8).

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  13. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

This has more to do with the wording of the Amendment which is open to interpretation. I guess the actual meaning of the Amendment that was passed yesterday will be formed in the Courts over the coming years. Gay Marriage was already illegal so nothing changed on that front. That should offend every Conservative but some were gullable enough to let thier hate/fear of homosexuals guide them. The Christian Liberals passed an Amendment that they thought would put Christian morality into law but instead put alot of unintended consequences in our Constitution. It's a sad day indeed.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  14. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

So you are equating liberal with radical?

15. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I'm equating Liberal with a knee jerk reaction toward our Constitution which should be amended at every turn to suit their taste. The flavor of the day is Christian morality which is at odds with religious freedom which I would consider the Conservative view. In that regard the less we touch our Constitution the better.

16. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Why don't you worry about what goes on in Alabamia, and let the people of North Carolina worry about North Carolina.:rolleyes:

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Gay activity is not "normal". If it were then gay couples could have children with one another. That really isn't the point. Whether or not it's deemed normal by the masses shouldn't really matter. If it's normal for a gay couple then that's all that matters to them. I prefer to let peoples' personal life be personal.

My guess is that somehow the NC amendment will be overturned.

One thing to be aware of is that it isn't a Democrat/Republican thing. Obama and McCain both in the last election said they were against gay marriage. It's not really a partisan thing. Relgious yes but partisan no.

18. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I disagree with your wording. The word normal implies an average. The fact that one is more dominant than the other would skew that average closer to the dominant side making "normal" closer to the dominant side and therefore heterosexuality is more normal than homosexuality.

I'd be more inclined to agree, if you had said that just because it is not the dominant sexual behavior doesn't make it non-acceptable.

I have no issue with it at all and think it is acceptable behavior, but I certainly wouldn't label it normal.

19. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

I'll never understand why people care so much about the things others do which have absolutely zero affect on them.

Get out of people's bedrooms and homes and let them live how they want to live. It's nobody's damn business.

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:stupid: