1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riding at Herrins March 31 and April 1

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by Cam Morehead, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

We will be riding Minis at the Herrins in Dublin Ga 3/31-4/1. Most of us have XR/CRF100's. Flat track Sat night. No soccer moms/dads, hot heads, drunks, MMA fighters, ego maniacs, etc..... If you are not in any of those categories, you will fit right in. If you have not figured out yet, we do not care if you are fast.... ha ha ha. We have fun and focus on trying to teach the youth how to act on and off the track.

[​IMG]

2. blackbird2xx

blackbird2xx Well-Known Member

I wish it was not so far :/

3. Cam Morehead

Most people are cool with letting newbies/out of towners ride their bikes a little. If you can drive a Prius to the track, we would have something for you to ride. Josh even has a few rental TTR125LE's. :beer:

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

need to preregister or anything? I need to get some tires on my 80 so i can bring a friend! :D

5. Cam Morehead

No need to pre-register. Just show up Sat any time for the track day. If you want to race Sunday, we usually do a riders meeting at 8-8:30am. No member fees. Practice, Heat, and Main format.

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

What Cam said, it's a good time with a great bunch of people. I end up renting my XR out because of spending time with Conrad, hopefully he will be independent soon so I can ride as well. :D

Of course, now that his sister is making noise about riding...

7. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

Every time you type Conrad, I think you are talking about me! Lol. That's my last name..
    Anyway, have fun Cam and everyone that goes!! I will have to make the trip down when it starts to get cold here up north and I need my riding fix late in the season!

8. Cam Morehead

:up:

9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Be sure to introduce yourself, Conrad gets a kick out of meeting other Conrads. :D

10. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

Millertime told me there were like 28 bikes on the grid for XR100 Intermediate...
    some feedback on the weekend Cam ?

11. Cam Morehead

Yes. We had to put a gap of 4 rows in the grid to get all the bikes through turn one safely.... It looked like the start of the SuperSport race at Daytona..... Everyone was on their best behavior. We even had one family from Detroit, Mi. Kids class was packed too! Good weekend Bro..... wish you could make one....

Training the newbies in the rain

[​IMG]

The grids looked like this....

[​IMG]

The Squirrel trying to get a nut.... this is not a crash photo... Saturday night.

[​IMG]

Nothing like a video to get the blood flowing.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c7udzh3qHQ&feature=player_embedded

12. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Wow, I wish I was closer so I could of went. You get some time post up some more pics. thanks

13. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

awesome! i was thinking about the track layout yesterday, trying to remember all the turns.
    are yall bypassing the "new"back section??
    i can't tell!!!

14. Cam Morehead

One more.

[​IMG]

We use the whole outside perimeter loop. The asphalt jumps are in the shorter loop layout.

15. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

sooner or later i'm gonna hafta tuck my skirt in my leathers and take having my ass handed to me- maybe.remembering the vibe in SEMRA's perfect Spec classes. it' sucks you in. always chasing the guy just inches away from you. just waitin' til you can...i can see a series on 100's really grow. then throw in dirt track in the evening.fugit about it.i'd like to do a lap or two on that dirt track.

BTK.

16. Cam Morehead

Who cares about "having your ass handed to you"...... We are just a bunch of friends riding with each other.... No points, no championships, no trophies, nothing..... Just riding for fun. We have the Vet class this year too...... 11 entries the first weekend we had it.... Me, Kenny, Grant, and Tim Michel are all "Vets"...... ha, ha, ha.....

This is still my favorite pic from the weekend..... it was just me and this little kid ripping in the rain..... good times....

[​IMG]

17. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I'll bring my 50 and let Conrad whoop my butt!

18. Cam Morehead

Ha, ha, ha. Lots of lil ones out there now.

19. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

If I had a nickel for everytime a sub 10yo rider spanked me on the track, I'd buy a liter bike and race it to avoid getting whipped by kids so often :crackup:

20. Cam Morehead

I resemble that remark.... ha ha ha. That is my goal though.... once they beat me, I kick them out of the club though..... ha ha ha.