1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KLX 110 Wheel/ Tire Choices

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by kevinnolde, Feb 22, 2012.

1. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

Cam built the wheels on my RM 65 a few years ago , and let me tell ya - his work is top notch ! They have been true since day one , even with my large butt on the bike - and no, Cams not my neighbor and I havent spoken to him in a few years -lol -

If anone intrested ,said RM 65 is needing a new home -

2. yamaha_intern

yamaha_intern Money cant buy knives

I was thinking about doing that too, but I cant find an extra set of stock wheels anywhere lol. I dont wanna have to swap tires everytime I wanna switch from dirt to street or vice versa

3. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Lots of info here. I will try to answer all of them.

Thanks for the props! :up:

I no longer build wheels due to a crappy economy that changed what I do for a primary income. I am no longer able to go to the motorcycle shop every day. I work for a large company 50-72 hours per week. I do have a guy that I refer all my work to. He is just as respected as me. Let me know if you need that info.

Honestly, if I had a TTR110, I would run scooter tires on the stock wheels, not build Supermoto wheels..... $900-$1000 is tough to swallow. You can sometimes buy a bike for that already built.

Get a XR100 and race the crap out of it using a XR80 front wheel.

If you want to rip around the track get a KX/KTM 65 or a CR 85. More work but they rip.

If you have $3000, buy a built CRF150R but you have to stay on top of the maintenance. Valves and oil.....

I have raced them all and have a Husky 630 right now..... the XR100 is the best bang for the buck....

:Pop:

4. yamaha_intern

yamaha_intern Money cant buy knives

Sweet thanks for the advice. I actually just picked up a KTM 65 with a bad motor So I may try to fix that or put a diff engine in it and then turn it into my mini motard bike.

5. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I have a KTM85SX Supermoto Superbike on 12's if someone needs it.... If you can think of it, it has it.... about a $8000 build.... PM me.

[​IMG]

6. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

from what i've seen the small KTM's are nothing but money pits. maintenance is high. parts are higher.

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm ashamed to admit it, but my son did 3 seasons on the factory top end in his KTM 65. Still have never removed the head. The bike could win a race today. Saw more than one broke down Kawasaki 65 during that time.

Your results may vary.

8. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

I hope you bring the KTM out a time or two this year. Had a blast racing you on it last year.