1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12" tire ??

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by chikn munky, Feb 28, 2012.

1. chikn munky

chikn munky Member

Can anyone tell me what size tire might work on a 1.60 x 12" rim? TTR 90,
    Any brand suggestions?

2. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I had run the dunlop tt91 on my pw80 rim . I think dunlop has the tt92 now .

3. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

100/90R12 TT91, BT601?, Sava MC31, ???

4. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

that rim width is a tough fit.
    cheng shin C131-3.00 x 12
    they will do just fine.override that tire and your ready for an XR/CRF100
    -right Cam?:clap:

5. chikn munky

chikn munky Member

Thanks for all the info,just what I was looking for. My 8 yo grandson will be riding the bike for the most part.

6. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I suggest the Bridgestone BT601SS in a 100/90-12". I suggest a Heavy Duty tube. I suggest using medical soap to mount it. You can get the soap at CVS/Eckerds/RiteAid....... You can get the tire from StickBoy Racing. Derek is a butthead but I like his wife....:Poke: You will have to put about 60-80 psi in the little tire to get it to seat properly. Let it sit over night if you can. Be careful and have fun. Let me know if I can help. Cam

7. chikn munky

chikn munky Member

Thanks Cam! But what does medical soap do? I usually use dish soap.

8. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

saves Cam about 3 bucks- his Mom is a nurse...

9. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

The white creamy medical soap seems to be the best thing I have tried. I have probably mounted 1000 12" tires..... I bought a 5'x8' enclosed trailer at one time just to store 12" race tires....

..... and my sister, and my aunt, and my cousin....... and my wife is a MLT in the lab at the hospital..... I don't mind crashing..... lots of professionals to fix me up. :D