1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scotch drinkers

Discussion in 'General' started by styles, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

goddddd i can't believe how many people drink Johnny in here... ugghhh yuck!

my go to's:

Auchentoshan 12
    Oban 18
    Balvenie 18
    Glendfiddich 15

last weekend i had a $300 glass of 40 Year Glenfiddich... it was the best thing (liquor) i ever put in my mouth. ever. it makes me almost not even wanna drink anything any more because anything else is all swill.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If I had hated the taste of oysters the first time I tried it, I wouldn't have tried it again.

That reminds me of a coworker I convinced to give it a try once on a business trip. She sat there with a horrified look, incapable of swallowing it, but too embarrassed to spit it out. It was hilarious. :D

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I had my first exposure to oysters at 13. Didn't take to them. Tried again in my twenties and have never looked back. I don't know what kind of fool eats oysters for the sauce, though. That just gets in the way of the flavor. :D

4. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I love you man.

5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I've only had cheap scotch, but what I've tried I didn't like.

A glass of bourbon on the rocks is great to me. If you want a cheap delicious bourbon, try Bulleit. It has a full, strong flavor, but really smooth.

6. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I love watching tourists play that game... "oh, I dare you to eat a slimy oyster." "No way. I hear they're like hockers." "I'll give you $20.00" "ok then. I'll eat it."
    :crackup:

7. pg_rider

pg_rider Doesn't race anymore...

As someone new to the Scotch game, I can offer this to those who ask "why": it all boils down to the sophistication of it. When you sip Scotch, you experience a number of different layers and flavors. It's just plain interesting, and fun, to pick up on all the nuances. Contrast that with something like a rum and Coke -- yeah it's immediately good and doesn't take long to like it, but in the end there's just not much to it.

8. Mblashfield

I completely respect this. I, on the other hand, get very strong signals from my body when I ingest liquid that will ignite with a match or makes me lose my breath for several minutes after taking a swallow. I find no pleasure in these things.

It's tastes like shit going in, you feel like shit in the morning and it costs $300 a glass.

9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i dunno what $300 glass something YOU'RE drinking, but 40 Year Glenfiddich feels like honey water going down, and its like a taste nuclear bomb of awesome flavors and senses went off in your mouth. no ice, no water, no bite at all.

stop drinking garbage.

also Bulleit is real good as somebody said above for how cheap it is. mad smooth.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid: I couldn't have said it better.

11. karrotx

karrotx Well-Known Member

12. Mblashfield

See post 101

I can buy buy a set of tires for $300

13. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

Just as every day normal drinking Scotch I like Dewars or Chivas, 12 or 15 year. Fill the glass with ice pour your favorite Scotch in, let me marinate (ice melt) a minute or two, enjoy.
    Man, I'm so torn between Scotch tonight or Happy Margarita Day!!

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There is nothing "normal" about drinking every day. :D

15. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

If you had to work for Max, you'd drink every day too.

:D

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::bow::crackup:

17. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

:up:

Sometimes something a little stonger is required.

18. Mblashfield

I recently read that you have to have the genetics to enjoy/tolerate alcohol. I don't have it. It takes very little of anything to get me jacked.
    The only sauce I enjoy is a good food paired wine and sangria. I really like one very cold beer after working outdoors in the summer or racing when it's hot.
    Just one.

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of something by not having the GENE.

19. pg_rider

pg_rider Doesn't race anymore...

Can't say my first time was quite that dramatic! lol It took probably three or four sessions before I adjusted to the potency. For sure it's a strong sensation at first, but you quickly grow accustomed to it and suddenly start to really enjoy it. :)

20. Mblashfield

Whiskey, bourbon, 151 rum, vodka, everclear, scotch, etc., it all tastes like shit and I can't imagine it would get better with repetition. Sorry.

You guys enjoy if you can.