1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blake and Chris' new ride

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Feb 14, 2012.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

No more Rockstar or Makita badging :(

Attached Files:

2. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Mutherfuckers stole my design. :D Looks nice. Wonder who gets to throw it down the track first?

3. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

I like the old school look just needs white wheels.

4. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

5. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that be 2xid exhaust?

6. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

reminds me of an older hrc design

(his numbers aren't legal for ama)

7. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

OUCH!

8. Doesn't surprise me that there isn't a Rockstar sponsorship.

Kinda off topic, but it also wouldn't surprise me if Monster starting backing off their support too.

There are people all over the country with Rockstar and Monster stickers/logos on their vehicles, on their bikes, on their helmets, on their hats and shirts etc. Why dump money into sponsorship when they can get all of that advertising for free?

That is why i have never agreed with "free advertisement" and people putting stickers all over their bikes etc just because they think it looks cool. IMO it cheapens the whole thing for everyone. Why pay for advertisement or support racers with products, finances etc when they can get tons of advertisement for free?

But that is just my opinion.

9. ckruzel

being a monster sponsored athlete is very different than putting stickers on your bike

10. I understand that. I was just using Monster as an example. Roll up to any bike, at any bike night or parking lot or gas station or even track day and you will see Yoshimura, Monster, Rockstar, Dynojet, Bazzaz, Michelin so on and so forth stickers all over the bikes when they are getting 0 support, they did nothing but buy the products at full retail and decided to put the stickers everywhere.

All of those companies are getting free advertisement all over the nation from just about every person that buys one of their products. So why should they pay/support racers?

I have just always felt like that cheapens the whole thing for everybody. Like i said, that is just my opinion. I am fully aware that it is their money, their bike and people can do what they want.

But personally, i dont put stickers on my bike, truck or toy hauler just for the hell of it. If a sticker is there, then it is due to that company supporting/sponsoring me in some form or fashion.

YMMV

11. vrc

vrc Well-Known Member

So Chaotic, are you sponsored by the companys in your sig, or free advertisement?

12. Yes, I am sponsored by them. I just got finished saying that I don't advertise for free.

13. I do like the looks of the new bikes...and i think they look good with the black wheels. I think they would look better if there was some black on the bike somewhere (stripe or decals) to go along with the black wheels and exhaust.

I definitely like the look of the '12 Gix 1k's though. The solid black ones (stock) look tough as hell.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

15. ckruzel

nothing wrong with advertising something you like

16. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Guys run stickers on there bike/helmet BECAUSE said company sponsors team/rider.

Chicken/egg

17. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Neat retro look on those whoopdees

18. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Team Rotobox/Nexx would love to be the egg! ...just sayin! :up:

19. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

Lotta advertisement space down the side of that bike. They should put a for rent logo with a phone number on it like they do with empty billboards.

Like previously said, white wheels would look tits.

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I'm suprised Clarks daddy didn't buy him a sponsor to go on his bike.