1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's racing and what you got?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by trispdtrip, Jan 23, 2012.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Kurt, I am not giving up that trophy easily. If you want to take it from me, it will require a 3 foot screwdriver, a pit bull and probably an innappropriate touch in the men's room:D

2. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

:crackup:

3. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

The tires are pretty damn dry and crusty....They may work though. lol Just so I can kick Kurts ace!

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

You keep your mitts off my hat, mister. How about a 3 ft. screwdriver instead?

Dammit man, and I bet that's after it's been wrapped in a sweaty t-shirt behind the seat for 6 months, too.

You may beat me, but it's well known I don't shirk from a challenge. Bring it.

5. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Ok, the bike that I rode last year. It is now going to my son for this season. 125cc Z-star pitbike. Lifan engine, aluminum swingarm, custom valved Fast-Ace piggy back shock with rebound adjust, and modded fork with custom internals and 30wt fork oil.

New ride is a 1988 YSR. A buddy is letting me ride it this year if I can get it running. He blew the engine racing it in 08 so he put a 100cc Lifan vertical XRish copy. He never got it to run (wiring problem I think) so the engine isn't even broken in. No other mods that I can tell. Needs lots of work but he does have a newer body kit. I am going to re-wire it, clean and re-jet the carb, and I am looking at putting an air sprung mountainbike shock that I have with compression and rebound adjustments. Should be fun to ride though. One thing I am trying to find info on is a fork swap. I am thinking one of the upside down pitbike forks would be great. Kinda like the one on my pitbike. It would be easy to shorten the travel some (5 inches of travel stock) and should be way stiffer then the stock fork. Plus better wheels would be way easier to get. I am also thinking about a pitbike swingarm swap. The one on my pitbike is aluminum, about 2 inches longer, and has real ball bearings. It might be a little work to adapt it on, but not impossible. I could also adapt the frame to run a slightly longer easier to find shock.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

I'll bring my mini out & play!

7. backcountryme

Just finished putting my YSR back together. Short list of what I have done to it.

1. Re-wired the whole system
    2. Re-jetted the carb and installed new muffler
    3. Built an aluminum engine cradle to replace the steel on that was modded for the engine swap (Stock engine to Lifan 100cc XR clone)
    4. Painted race bodywork. I did a tribute to the old Yamaha scheme. I reversed the colors (Yellow on Black) and changed the design a bit. But I like how it turned out.

Now all that is left is to get on the track next month. I can't wait.

Attached Files:

8. blackbird2xx

blackbird2xx Well-Known Member

Looks good. Where are you from again?? If you are anywhere near the south you should come to Little Tally in April:Poke: the more the merrier:beer:

9. backcountryme

Would love to, but I am in Calgary Alberta Canada .

10. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

Just picked up the TTR125 for my wife last week.. And my sons KLX is finished and has been training on the flat track and doing well!! Next up is getting me a XR100 and my sons KLX extra wheels set up with TT92's!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

All three bikes in this photo are mine I'm not on any of them, darn kids give my bikes back!

12. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member