1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working past depression

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Feb 2, 2012.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

2. HAHA, no way, :D

3. Donkey1

Donkey1 Well-Known Member

I cant beleive nobody fixed this to what it should have said.

Drop, I cant speak to your depression not knowing your circumstances but remember...someones always go it worse. It takes big balls to reach out to a forum for help, especially this one so you've definitely got that going for you. :beer:

4. primo

primo Well-Known Member

5. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Can't believe I'm the first to suggest...............PIE!!!!

Make it cherry, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. :up:

6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

had a homemade cherry pie and a homemade peach cobbler last week......thanks to the gf

7. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

You should be good to go, sir! Take care! :up:

8. gsxr03_600

gsxr03_600 Well-Known Member

Not sure where you live but if its up north I know you can get that "cabin fever" effect going on by not being able to do stuff outdoors. All my family is in Buffalo NY which I know isn't as bad as other places but still gets a good bit of snow. Maybe take a vacation or get to the beach, if you're not near one. Just stay positive and hopefully you'll pull out of this funk you're in.

9. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

Feel for you. I've been there. There has been some real good advice posted. Exercise, diet, sleep, medication, friends, and positive activities. For me a major bump in my faith made all the difference. Along with that a couple of things helped. Reminding myself that I was loved every miniute of every day if I needed to was big! I made a point to connect with friends more often. Selfless acts were also a major change that improved my life. Selflessness is a term I still use today.
    We are all selfish and getting the focus off of "me" is always good.

10. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

Quoted for truth!

I was laid off back in June 2011 and couldn't find work for 6 months. It was one of the most personally trying times for me as an 11-year experienced sales engineer. Add in the fact my wife's parents got divorced causing her to go nuts (that's the technical term) and it was pretty rough for a while. Wrenching on bikes always helped my state of mind but I had to sell them for financial reasons.

I believe my faith, family and friends all helped immensely in getting me through this funk. Things are better now, I found a job (pays way less but much less stress) and all the family issues are actually sorting themselves out. I think SOGF2 hit the nail on the head. I also believe you have to believe things will be better as this is only a temporary deal and you can and will be content again.

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I feel ya, Drop. Going through it myself for a while got worse after my mom passed away. Im still trying to figure it all out, i originally threw myself into work with lots of OT but thats just a band aid and now i have to get a handle on this mess.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Be thankful you aren't me. That thought has worked for dozens of people.

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

My wife is not happy tonight. I just had an episode of erectile dysfunction and the first consolation that I could think of was that, "well, at least I'm not R Acree, whoever that is".

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And we thought drop was brave for baring his soul to us all. :wow:

I'll see your erectile dysfunction, and raise you a condemned playground for at least the next 6 weeks. :moon:

15. Shenanigans

Damn, B! you and Acree just made my day! LOL. oh btw, posting from the crapper at work.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh. 6 weeks is nothing.

17. Shenanigans

They make pills for that, ya know.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

There's a difference between "closed for repairs" and "closed for business"... :Poke:

:D

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

She didn't even have a going out of business sale. Guess who is still making lease payments.:D

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

6 weeks!! What a maroon. You getting snowed boy.