Dirtybike helmet questions

Discussion in 'General' started by lee955i, Feb 1, 2012.

1. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Soo, i've been invited to do a little Nevada desert riding this early April. Since my last dirtbike actually had chrome fenders :wow: you could say i'm a little out of the loop:crackup:
    I can borrow gear, but know that a poorly fitting, previously used, stinkified helmet can make a few days riding hellish.
    So, point me in a direction for a decent, non bank breaking lid that will serve me well and may never be used again;):D
    Cheers, Lee S.

2. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I woudl go with one in the $80-$100 range. That puts you above "entry level" garbage, but not into it too much.

There are tons of helmets in that range by Bell, Oneal, Fox, thor I think maybe, HJC etc.

3. TheGrouch

TheGrouch Well-Known Member

4. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

+1. Stay away from the $50-60 crap.

Fox V1 is a great choice, and Joe is right, lots of great helmets in the $90-100 range. Seems that if you look around there are a decent amount of deals (1/3 to half off) on a lot of 1-2 year old helmets... perfect for your use as long as you dont mind not having the latest and greatest.

5. roxychic46

roxychic46 Well-Known Member

On ebay, ONE Industries has some really good deals. 300.00 helmets for a 150.00-175.00.

6. roxychic46

roxychic46 Well-Known Member

7. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Well-Known Member

I really like the Suomy dirt helmets.. PM me if you want a deal on one!

8. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Troy Lee Designs, makes a real nice dirty lid. :up:

9. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I've got all of my Fly Racing Trophy 2's going out on clearance. Normally $140... doing them for $80. It's a good helmet, my best seller. I've worn them quite a bit and it's a good helmet for the cash. I dont have them on my site but have 25 or so in stock. Find a color and size and PM me.

10. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

theres some MSR closeouts right now you cant beat--look it up on google shopping

11. Dpeglow

Dpeglow Well-Known Member

I just recently moved to Las Vegas, and starting dirt biking out here. I did a few trail rides and stuff back in GA when I lived there and enjoyed it. Out here in the Desert its like a life sized minesweeper riding a dirtbike with all the random boulders and huge rocks in the trails.

12. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Lovin my HJC dirt bike lids

13. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I picked up a Fox V3 on closeout that I really like. I had a HJC before that which performed admirably but had suffered enough abuse. I prioritized light weight and airflow this time and the reviews I read pointed to the Fox.

14. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I would go to your local Cycle Gear and see what kind of sales they have. At least you get to try on some different lids.

15. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency