1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactical Strike Race Fuel Actualized

Discussion in 'General' started by bodell, Dec 31, 2011.

?

What to do with the finished fuel?

1. A. Run it in my first 2012 race so everyone can smell the bacon.

34.0%
  2. B. Give it to K-Mo for inventing the "Tactical Strike" name.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. C. Take it to Lee's and dyno it vs. fuel of beeb's choice.

66.0%
  4. D. Post your own idea.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bodell

bodell Green Racing Advocate

Remember this thread?
    http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?p=2923790#post2923790

It has been almost 5 years since the first gallon of BioWeapon and I was revisiting some of our milestones along the way.

The WERA forums were definitely one of the biggest obstacles we faced.

Now that there have been almost 300 podiums on BioWeapon, several Championships, and an upcoming endurance team, I decided to offer up some offseason entertainment for the beeb.

I have been saving coffee cans of pork grease for about a year now. There have been a few shoulders BBQ'd and many pounds of bacon fried to fill the four cans in the photo. My BWFuel Partner's have been doing the same. Collectively we have enough pork feedstock to make a 5 gallon can of oxygenated "Tactical Strike Race Fuel" from K-Mo's post.

I will doccument the process along the way and update this thread as the fuel is produced.

If Spyderchick's offer still stands to make a logo, I will be happy to incorporate it on to the can of fuel that we render.

I then ask the beeb to decide what to do with the fuel.

A. Run it in my first 2012 race so everyone can smell the bacon.
    B. Give it to K-Mo for inventing the "Tactical Strike" name.
    C. Take it to Lee's and dyno it vs. fuel of beeb's choice.
    D. Post your own idea.

2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

If it's 100 Octane, give it to me so I can use it at Roebling in March.

3. If you can make it smell like U4 or MR12, I will use it.

4. bodell

First Steps

Obviously I will not be using the 20,000 gallon reactor to do this project, so It will be done mainly in mason jars and coffee cans.

I started with 4 cans of pork grease.

Then I heated them on the grill. (Because it stinks like hell)

I poured the hot grease through a colander with coffee filter.

Then I poured it through a second coffee filter in to jars.

Once the yellow grease separated from the dark wet oil, I spooned it out in to separate jars. This is because the refining process will be different for each type.

The final photo shows the separated and filtered dark pork oil and yellow feedstock grease.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  5. bodell

Those are made with an added fuel fragrance . I am certain that VP's are proprietary. There are many on the market, but I do not use any. Our grilled chicken, or in this case bacon smell is completely natural.

Here is an example of some...
    http://www.jrmotorsports.com/product.cfm?InvKey=10041

6. bodell

The octane should be near 100, but I am not going to pay a grand for lab work to confirm the exact number.

7. ton

ton Arf!

the primary smell from VP's oxygenated fuels is MTBE. it ain't in there for fragrance. ;-)

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Your neighbors are going to think you're running a meth lab lol...

9. bodell

There will be MTBE in this fuel too. We have at least 10 55gallon drums of MTBE at BW and I am very familiar with the smell. I assure you that the primary smell of VP is the added fragrance.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  10. bodell

Its funny that you say that. We were joking about this a long time ago. We have a small kit that we take with us to evaluate feedstock sources. It looks like we were driving around with a mini meth lab in a briefcase. I am sure that you will see what I mean when the photos of the next processes post later next week.

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I vote run it. I'll run it.

12. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

i couldnt run that. cause id be starving after a 20 min session on the track LoL

13. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

I'd feel sorry for the poor guy lining up behind you on the grid.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I like the name. (For you HPPT)

15. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Hats off to anyone who can take a coffee can of pork fat and turn it into fuel:up:

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Shouldn't this read "initialized" vice "actualized"?

17. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Brad- I'll run it in the Beemer, if you make a little bit into bacon-scent perfume for the Umbrella Girls!

Rubber Chicken eggs and Tactical Strike bacon: It's what's for breakfast!

18. I just can't get past the smell. I am not knocking Bodell nor the product. I know it is good shit and lots of people run it.

But U4 and MR12 give me a hard on. They give me an adrenaline rush. Even during the winter, when i am not motivated to workout, i can sniff the top of a can of MR12 and immediately get motivated.

Not to mention that my job sorta depends on the usage of petroleum based fuels. :)

19. 418

418 Expert #59

:crackhead:

You're more f@cked in the head than I originally though you were. :D

20. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

You have no idea. Hell I think he is more fucked up than anyone realizes he is :crackup: