Obama 4th best president ever

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Dec 20, 2011.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

2. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I think he was referring to his legislative achievements. But I have been known to be wrong before, never mind my second language problem.

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

The arrogance of it alone is mind numbing. His tiny list puts him above Washington and Jefferson to start with. Being in the top ten of a well thought out list would be an amazing thing. In his case it is just another example of his narcissistic personality (most politicians are at least a little that way).

5. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I just ordered his book about the economy. Looking forward to seeing what he has to say.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, he's 4th on my list. 4th worst president of all time but he may have just passed Carter with his arrogance. :D

7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Who would be below Carter and Obama? Harrison?

8. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

In my lifetime? Tie between Nixon and LBJ.

IMHO, of course

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nixon was a pretty good president. He might have been considered one of the greats if he had stronger morals and didn't go full retard.

Wilson would be damn near the top of my list. Harrison is top 5.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Let me read it to you......

"I inherited a recession created by everyone before me....it's not my fault."

11. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I don't think we're talking about the same book. This one was actually written by Obama, not a staff writer.

12. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Did he outline how his economy affected each of the 57 states individually or en masse?

13. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

i can't wait to see how liberals try to spin this...

Even if you love Barry, you have to admit this was a "no-win" thing to say.

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You guys are misremembering someone obvious....

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He died in 1999. What's your point?:D

16. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

I second this. Nixon will always been remembered in disgrace but if you look into his career prior to his getting busted his resume is pretty impressive.

I think he was a President that was in tune with people of the United States while simultaneously having a great understanding of world politics which led to a forward thinking foreign policy.

17. charles

charles The Transporter

Nixon? you're talking about Nixon?..."in tune with the people..." Seriously?

Think it over, do some research...I won't argue this one-too much to do- but I'll read what you post, if you respond:

Exactly how Nixon was "in tune";

and, what exactly was this "forward thinking" foreign policy?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nixon was preparing to pull troops that "others" had sent in and drove the North to the table. Nixon opened up China to dimplomatic relations with the west. Nixon scared the shit out of the Soviets to the point they started to open to change.

Charles, you are wrong often but this time you are just stupid wrong.

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

For Obama, this statement is just another occurrence that proves that he has no idea about reality. He's simply a narcissistic, retard that's gotten himself elected into the most powerful office in the world. If he was worth half of what he thinks he's worth we could pay off the national debt and have money left over. :down:

20. charles

charles The Transporter

How we come to understand such things depends on our personal political/social perspectives and the information we examine. After reading almost all of the declassified materials relating to the Nixon-era foreign policy with China, thanks to work done by the National Security Archive group at GWU back in 2002-2004, I remain unconvinced of the assertion that Nixon was responsible for 'opening' China to diplomatic relations; the Chinese concern about Sino-Soviet hostilities was more of a major factor than Nixon's policy. But of course you can view that situation any way you want, there's enough latitude to see it any number of ways...Nixon was of course open to the idea of talks with the Chinese, and they were too, depending upon the value of the intelligence information they received from Henry Kissinger about the Soviets.

Please, though, let me know exactly how Nixon 'scared the shit' out of the Soviets? I might have missed that...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011