1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 WERA Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, having issues updating the proper page so I put up a pdf for now - http://maps.wera.com/pdfs/2012 Yearly Schedule.pdf

As you can see there are some changes. Double Headers have a DH after the event - so no Saturday Vintage racing or solos on those weekends. If there are normally minis at that track then that won't change anything, they'll still run both days.

Endurance finals will be at Road Atlanta on October 6th - which means there will not be an Endurance at the GNF at Barber. Hoping that will free up some time to do things right for the sprint stuff.

Cycle Jam is moving to Road Atlanta in June from the August VIR round. Main reason isn't the curbs, we'll be looking at those of course but for now they're not an issue, we've got til August to see if they're bad or not. Anyway, hoping the Cycle Jam being more mid season will work for everyone better.

Mid Central region is gone. No point when all the races are also in the Southeast.

Northeast and Mid Atlantic regions were combined, same reason, no races in the NC region that wouldn't already be in the MA so no point in having the NE this year.

New Orleans in the Southeast - yes it's a drive, but based on what Alan was able to do with Miller I think it'll be worth it even for club racers.

Nationals with Sportsman Sprints and without an Endurance round - the schedule for these will be essentially like we did for the GNF and Cycle Jam. You'll have practice Friday, Sportsman racing Saturday, National Sprints on Sunday.

Let the bitching begin...

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'm interested to see how the DH weekends work. Hopefully well.

3. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Sweetness!

4. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Still no IRP or Putnam.....

:p :D :up:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tried it at Grattan last year, went great.

6. jimmyboost

jimmyboost one buck a boom

So fricikn' excited.

7. ton

ton Arf!

i like it, Sean. i've been saying for awhile to friends that we had too many races in our region and that diluted how and when people with limited resources chose to race, therefore lowering turnout at individual weekends. i think this will be a lot better. also looking forward to being able to ride a new track (Blackhawk) to the schedule. :up:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree, been looking at paring things down but it's hard to justify giving up a date at a track until you have to. With another series who has lower overhead running at some you finally get to the point there's no choice.

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Damn, Tally 1/29. I gots ta get busy!

10. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Getting close to my neck of the woods in June. :up:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm trying like hell to nuke that but the boss wants it. Haven't decided on details for Saturday yet, may just run a track day.

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

no endurance at Roebling in March?

13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Tally 1/29 and then again 2/18-19? What's the scoop on the one day in January?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Main reason is we want to pay the bills and hopefully make some money, secondary is it will be the same day as the 200 and I don't want to screw up any teams/riders/crew who do both.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She told me to do it... :D

16. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Diggin' the NE schedule overall and Cycle Jam @ RA - good stuff :up:

17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

ah ok. I was worried about WERA moving the March weekend and missing Savannah on St Pattys Day!

18. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Fixed. :D

(I like the North Florida and S.E. schedule.)

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I did try to move it off the 200 but couldn't manage it. Luckily next year Bikeweek will be back in Febraury or something and it won't be a huge deal for another few years.

20. sowega

sowega #710

Thanks, Sean!