1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atheist - I don't get them?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Hawk518, Dec 6, 2011.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So what you're saying is that your neighbor must be wrong on everything, and conversely, you have the right to lord it over him because your right?
    Does he believe global warming (let's stick with the original premise that has become inconvenient to stick with because the facts don't back it up) is incorrect, or does he think that the climate indeed does change, but that man isn't the principle cause of such change? It's a complex argument.
    As far as the water on the lawn, I'll bet you everything that both of us own that the water that comes out of your faucet is vastly different than the water that was pulled from the reservoir. Chlorine may not be good for lawns, fluoride may not be either. I don't know, I don't have public water.
    Your supposed point here is non-existent.
    It would be like me, as an atheist, saying that anyone who believes in God can't be right about anything else.
    And I can't even say for sure whether they're right about God.
    Their guess is as good as mine.

2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Christmas is entirely a commercial and industrial age made up holiday. It was barely celebrated in past centuries. The only purpose of Christmas is to sell shit. Protesting the commercialization of Christmas is therefore asinine, aw that's the entire purpose of the holiday!

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Obama absolutely believes what he's doing is right for the country, and he also believes that he loves America. Well, he loves his idea of what he thinks America should be, at least. The problem is, Bammers is completely and utterly wrong in his beliefs, and needs to go home to Da Loop.

4. wot-75

wot-75 Well-Known Member

Wait, what if the artist is saying it's a bad thing... the commercialization of Christmas....? Are there any Christians here who agree with that sentiment?

If you do, shouldn't you actually like the display?

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Nice bet. Too bad you didn't define ''vastly". From the perspective of the turf, you would be wrong, as evidenced by lush grass growth throughout northern San Diego County (and beyond) watered exclusively for 9 months or more per year by municipal water supplies.

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I am an atheist, and I would like to know what your intent is? In advance, I am not following the implied logic?

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

The problem is not Obama. It is the NEA. :Poke:

8. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

No.

He said that man couldn't change the climate, and moments before he said Chem-trails that men were spraying were changing the climate.

Do you understand that?

In my post I never said anything about the truthiness of climate change. Just the hypocrisy of his statements. It was hilarious.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

You are not drinking the same water he is?

10. H8R

Nope. We get all our drinking and cooking water from a 10,000 year old aquifer in Carlsbad. It has a ph of 8.4, which my wife tells me is amazing. She tests the ph everytime we go get it.

The water tastes really wet when you drink it. I know that sounds retarded, but I don't know how to explain it.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Maybe everybody should take a look at the link provided. It answers a ton of questions about "Christmas."

http://www.thercg.org/books/ttooc.html

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I understand. I have tasted some good water. I would not even know how to begin to describe it. And, it has little to do with my second language problem.

13. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

14. H8R

I know what you mean. I thought my wife was bonkers, then I tried it.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Dude...it's bong water. Didn't you notice the undeniable urge to laugh at Carrot Top and eat Doritos?

16. wot-75

wot-75 Well-Known Member

I'm saying that if the intent was to use symbolism in order to drive home the message that materialism and the commercialization of what is supposed to be a celebration of one of the largest Christian "events" in Christian history is a bad thing, then logic should dictate that Christians should agree with that sentiment and not be offended at all by the display... In fact, they should agree wholeheartedly with its message.

Perhaps another point the creator of the piece was trying to make is that Christians who participate in the mass commercialization/materialism of Christmas are simply Hippocrates. Would he/she be wrong?

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hippocrates says, "Yes!"

[​IMG]

18. In Your Corner

If you think you're disagreeing with me here, go back and read my post again.
    I made no claim about the effects of the water, only that it has been modified.
    Water is used to produce beer, soda, and lots of other products. They don't use tap water to produce their products. I can't speak to what chlorinated and fluoridated water might do to an otherwise untouched lawn, but I'm sure that those lawns are not otherwise untouched.
    I just have a lawn, whatever grows, grows. People who have trophy lawns put all kinds of shit on them. If it's green, that's fine with me.

19. H8R

Only someone as stoned/deranged as you would think to list Carrot Top. :D

20. In Your Corner

Or maybe they're just trying to be confrontational assholes in order to convince themselves that they're somehow superior.
    As a fellow atheist, these people are just assholes. Don't believe and move on, what does Christmas, in it's historic form, take from them?
    Let them refuse to observe all religious and report for work as usual with no extra compensation, and maybe I'll entertain their point.
    And we all know that that ain't gonna happen.