1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh the Humanity, I effing agree with Perry and Newt on something.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by H8R, Nov 13, 2011.

1. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

So, which one you pick'n in the primary?

3. H8R

Bachmaan. I want to see what 'ol batchit crazy can do :D

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How much more could be saved via reviewing and slashing payments that the US makes to the UN?

There is no reason for the US to be responsible for 22% of the annual budget of the UN. Shit, there's no reason for it to be located in New York but that's for another conversation.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So all you really like is the idea of finding a different way to spend the money we don't have to spend. Reducing the debt makes sense, finding another way to piss away money while increasing the debt doesn't.

6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

So, according to Bachmann and Santorum, if the country with their hand out has a nuke, then they must be bought off (in that part of the world). Is that a strategy that has an end?

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

You really must take the college course, LIBERAL 101.:D

8. H8R

I'd like to give the money to crackheads and current welfare recipients. :rolleyes:

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

They're getting plenty already.
    How about we don't "give" it to anybody.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

To my knowledge that has never worked before. If you keep bowing to their demands then they will never stop demanding. I still believe in Teddy Roosevelt's idea of speaking softly but carrying a big stick. We have to have a leader, or maybe a policy chiseled in stone for all our leaders, if a country threatens us with military action they had better be smiling broadly while doing so otherwise we will not hesitate to crush them completely. If we did that to one single country it would end all the saber rattling completely.

Is that too harsh?

11. H8R

I'll stick with my original post. I get my opinion and my vote, you get yours. So move along, we'll never agree anyway.

12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

13. H8R

Agreed. Make 'em sing for their dinner.

14. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

It's far from revolutionary; hell, I was saying this two decades ago.

Funny how a recession and record unemployment makes our candidates start professing that we should be taking care of number one like it's a new concept. Perhaps if we'd been thinking this way all along we wouldn't be so far in debt to China and still be the manufacturing capital of the world.

Imagine that - taking care of American interests over profiteering. How innovative.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fear not, you'll get over it.:D

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I used to buy my friends, too. :D

17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

So, what happened? You must be lonely now. Eh, decided to make one, huh? They are loyal as hell for about 11 years and that aint too bad.:up:

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nah, started looking at the ROI numbers and determined that being an intolerable prick was most cost-effective. :D

19. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

Or you graduated from college and didn't need to pay dues anymore.

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I came to that same conclusion a while back as well. :up: