1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rain in San Diego, it's not always beautiful here.

Discussion in 'General' started by H8R, Nov 12, 2011.

1. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Just wanted everyone to know that as much as I poke fun at those of you who live near the arctic circle, or in god forsaken humid hell....that yes we in San Diego do get unpleasant weather here. It would surprise some of you how cold, or wet it gets. It might also surprise some of you how unprepared we are for this type of weather.

Just know that what is regular weather for many of you, can actually be an environmental hell for those of us here in SD.

Here's photo proof that we get bad weather:

[​IMG]

2. gofasterr

gofasterr Active Member

Seriously. I didn't sign up for this rain shit.

3. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

It's my fault. I'm on the left coast for a couple days. I'll be gone soon so you can go back to your regularly scheduled weather.

4. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Yeah, I see what you mean by being unprepared. Looks like the siding on that house back there has really started to fall off. Too bad that chick is in the way or maybe a feller could figure out what started that mess.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It is funny though, rains in southern California are worse than a snowstorm in the NE. A little bit of water falling from the sky and people seem to forget how to function.

6. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

A former boss told me when he lived in LV they got 2" of snow once and they basically shut down the city :crackup:

I will gladly take 3 feet of snow and rainy days over earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis etc etc

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It's called mass pussification.

8. elevenn7

elevenn7 Well-Known Member

Too funny... A friend of mine just moved from Portland OR to "sunny" San Diego. Blame him! BTW, its been raining off and on here in the great NW since Oct 20th, but we'll be skiing by Thanksgiving.

9. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

^^^ Truth..

10. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

And it's waaay worse than people can imagine.

11. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

My brother lives in Poway. One year we visited for Christmas and at night it got down in the low 40's. He refused to turn on the heat and my wife got two ear infections. Nothing like driving an hour in the middle of the night to a Navy ER on Christmas Eve cause he refuses to acknowledge it can actually get cold in paradise.

12. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

EAD, DIAF.

13. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Hurricanes are god's way of telling you it's time to drink. :beer:

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

F you Gigi!
    Photo taken just moments ago. Its nice up here....:(

Attached Files:

15. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Oh, the humanity!

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

All I can think of is perfect opportunity for a money shot.

17. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

NCAA scheduled that game just at the right time.

18. Why did I pay half a million dollars for a house where it rains still ? If I paid 200k I could see living where the teeth are minimal and the weather sucks but, I paid for good weather I should be getting it.

19. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I was kinda looking forward to the TarHoles slipping off the deck into the drink.

20. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Earthquakes: no warning, widespread damage, can be crippling for months depending on severity

Hurricanes: plenty of warning, widespread damage, can be crippling for weeks or months depending on severity

Tornados: minimal warning, spotty damage, can be crippling in small areas for weeks, severity usually measured in how widespread the damage is rather than the damage at a given spot

Snow: plenty of warning even if the total amount of snow can't be accurately predicted, depending on local landscape damage can be range from blocked roads to total destruction of local power and telephone systems

Tsunami: some warning, can range from a large ocean surge to total devastation of coastline

I've been through all of those except a tsunami, and I have to say the snow is the easiest to plan for and deal with. All I need is time to put the snow tires on the truck (if they aren't already on), get gas for the truck and generator and fuel for the furnace, and food. I'm within walking distance of most of the essentials.