1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is watching Breaking Bad?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Oct 11, 2011.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Was this season awesome or what? The finale was unbelievable!

If you haven't seen it yet, stop now!

I thought the scene where Gus walks out after the explosion was a little bit over-the-top, but other than that he really made it a great season!

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yes...awesome season finale!

On a side note... have you peeked Walking Dead? Never thought I would have warmed up to a gore show but man... great story and something to fill in the gap between Breaking Bads!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I really need to get BB dvd's or something and get caught up, watched a couple and liked them but really want to get caught up first.

Just put Walking Dead in the Netflix streaming queue and started recording this season. I'll start watching last season tonight.

4. bacolmm

bacolmm Well-Known Member

Agreed - Another great season of Breaking Bad! So what's going to happen next year? Trouble with Mike coming back? Trouble with the DEA investigating Walt / Jesse? Someone from the Cartel crawl out of the woodwork?

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Money and bitches... i predict!;)

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I haven't tried Walking Dead.

I read somewhere that next season is going to be the last one for Breaking Bad. I think there is going to be a showdown between Jesse and Walt. I mean, Walt watched Jesse's girlfriend die in a previous season, and poisoned the kid in this one. Sooner or later, those two are going to war. And there's not much time left.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Started slow but nice finish (indeed over the top with Gus' end). I will miss that character.

Next season is apparently the last but with 16 episodes.

Not sure who the 'bad guy' will be.

The Pinkmann character had a bit more chew on it this season.

Good scripts, beautifully filmed.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Damn. Walt poisoned that kid. I'm gonna miss Salamonca. That old fugger was a mean dude.

9. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

never thought i'd say it but it seems like Jesse and Walt's son are the only nice people left on the show. everyone else is grabbing from the till until its empty.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, Jesse is a murderer. :D

11. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

For anyone that may be interested, Bryan Cranston sat down with Marc Maron on his WTF podcast and gives some insight about how this show and his role actually came about (as well as some interesting tidbits about Bryan's past). :up:

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hank is a good guy too. I hope he gets to bust Walt and Jesse.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I was expecting some fallback from Skyler's boss' death. One loose end...

14. tito

tito Well-Known Member

just started watching this over the weekend....so I am about halfway through season 1. can't wait to see how this show turns out.

15. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

(i posted this earlier on another forum)

in some ways, i really wish that they'd just leave it be after this season.

16 episodes isn't really enough time to "get deep" and establish/resolve some long story arcs without feeling "rushed".

that said, i'm guessing that jesse finds out that walt was directly responsible for brock's hospital stay and that walt was also in the room when jane overdosed (and chose not to save her).

it's going to be jesse vs walt. skyler is going to learn more than she can handle about walt's actions. walt jr might, too. hank is going to put all the pieces together.

i'm expecting the final season to be very, very dark... don't expect to like walt (at all) at the end.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Skylar could still get audited next season. Then Walt will have to kill some IRS agents.

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

EXCELLENT show!!!
    I was hooked on the 1st episode.
    Can't wait till next season.

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This.

Every drug dealer in jail or in the cemetery can look back and point to a time when they should've quit. I love the show, but that time is now for BB. Yes there are loose ends, but life's full of them.

19. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

I'm a stickler for details, drives my wife nutz. Can't watch shows like House, Law and Order, anything that tries to look like 'reality'. But week after week, Breaking Bad never fails to impress me. The research that Gillian does is amazing, I can only count a few faults in the last 4 years of watching. Amazing show, by far the best.

Besides that obviously great script, set, art direction and location shots, my biggest praise goes to the casting of that show. 99.999% of the characters are spot on, without that whole Hollywood fakeness that every other show puts in. The secondary characters like Sneaky Pete, Wendy the hooker, Gus's henchmen, the Mexican assassins, Tuco's uncle, and so on are 100% believable. These people look and act raw, making the story so much more compelling. I think the producers go out of their way to find real people for these roles rather than headshots from agents. Hats off for Gillian not giving in to studios who want to see T&A and 20 year olds in every shot.

And the last show? FINALLY I get to finish a damn episode without being anxious on what's going to happen next. Awesome ending, didn't see it coming.

But that CGI half Gus was kind of stupid and unbelievable. I have a feeling someone from the top brass made him put that in.

If you like the show, catch some of the interviews on YouTube that Vince Gillian did. Very interesting stuff, lots of thought goes into the show.

But I think either this or next season is the last. He wants to see it end properly, and not linger on. He's got ideas for new shows, and I'm looking forward to them

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So wait, you know they're getting large scale meth production correct? :D