Nelson Ledges - roll call

Discussion in 'General' started by galloway840, Sep 19, 2011.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Me to, just cant right now, so i gotta try and keep sane with the next best thing.

2. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Sublet, please look a your pm's.

Thanks!:up:

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

still a solid maybe here

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

Lessee, it's only 700 miles...

Nah, Nashville is closer, you guys have fun. :up:

5. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Haha i should have said last race of the regular season

6. Jeeepers23

Jeeepers23 Well-Known Member

I'll be there! Can't wait to roll around the pot holes at this track.

7. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

You guys who didn't come because of the weather missed out! It was perfect!

8. RollieManollie

Who was your buddy when leaving we mentioned there was something on his roof and his reply 3 times to us was "what's on your head?"

Agreed....weather was great!

9. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Yeah had a great time out there weather was perfectly during the races and it was good racing both days. Nice seeing everyone for the final race of the season hope to see some of you all down at the GNF.

10. Kyle827

Kyle827 Well-Known Member

Yep we came up Thursday night for the test n tune on Friday, but the gods decided to get the rain out on Friday so it was cancelled in which case we drank beer. Saturday and Sunday was awesome sunny weather. We had a good party Saturday with a bunch of real cool guys. Oh yea we raced some to. :D

11. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Haha, that was Jon Crawford, I think there was a joke in there somewhere that was lost in translation. He was just pulling the car over to hook up the trailer.

12. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Yup.. Turned into a fun weekend and great way to wrap up our first WERA season.

13. RollieManollie

Def. must have been a missed joke.....we were all left pondering...lol!

14. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

First time that I rode there(I had the EVH bike by pit out)...had an awesome weekend despite some mechanical problems at the end of the day.

Definitely couldnt have asked for better weather. Say what you want but IMHO the bumps/nasty pavement patches do not outweigh the amount of fun it is to ride on that track.

15. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Yea I definitely missed the joke.

Ride safe,
    AAron

16. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Big props to Manotti!!

Also thanks for making a special trip out to announce Ryan!
    Some of my favorite quotes were:
    1)"I can't see the bike number for that rider because I have had cataracts"
    2)"If I am doing an awful job announcing come up and give me some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism"
    Damn I can remember the rest of em but it was entertaining, fun and informative!

Thanks for all the props given to everyones sponsors!

Ride safe,
    AAron

17. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

This was my first trip to Nelson. Wow, holy bumpy batman!

Thanks to Dave Lockhart for the suggestion of dropping the forks (raising the front end). The TZ was shaking it's head off on Saturday. Especially just before the kink, in the kink, and then just after the kink!

Once I dropped the forks and softened the suspension up a bit it made a huge difference in stability going around the course.

Mentally I had a bit of problem with the lack of runoff in some of the highspeed corners, T3 and T4 for instance. It was hard to run it in there much faster knowing that if I slid out I'd be heading towards rubber tires or trees in short order!

So even with the bumps and the runoff I enjoyed my first trip to Nelson.

I had to pull off during my final race of the day, the engine would hit 11,500 RPM and just spin up like crazy. I thought I was missing a shift or something, but as Dave suggested to me it was probably shot clutch plates. I hope that's it.

See you guys next year!

Richard

18. IWANNAGOFAST15

IWANNAGOFAST15 #NEVERFORGET

That was again a memorable weekend battleing to the end of every race with dave SV! Hope we put on a show for everybody and had some great racing with everybody and yes the announcing was amazing!! I also liked how we got to thank our sponsors and the wera officials!! To all cant wait for 2012!!

A very high note I would like to add is to Aaron Borello, for dave and I to battle it out to the end!! :beer: :bow: Pure Sportsmanship and a true racer!!

19. RollieManollie

Thanks man and thanks wera....I enjoy doing it! Heck, maybe I should hang up the race gear and start learning how to announce!

BTW...Novice's Blackall and Stauffer had the show all day on Sunday! Great stuff and it was awesome to witness and annouce it! I also remember Snellenberger, Egan and Terrick had some epic battles!

20. LtFDrebbin

LtFDrebbin Well-Known Member

BTW...Novice's Blackall and Stauffer had the show all day on Sunday! Great stuff and it was awesome to witness and annouce it! I also remember Snellenberger, Egan and Terrick had some epic battles![/QUOTE]

You also remember... or almost remember - It was Snellenberger, EAGAN, and TETRICH.

I'm just excited because for once someone got my name right. Either way, the announcing was great, and I'm glad you gave Ian Tetrich plenty of air time. He's
    a young kid with a bright future.

Sam Snellenberger