1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jersey Motorsports park

Discussion in 'General' started by chadspaint, Aug 27, 2011.

1. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

70' elevation. Is it gonna be ok for the ama chamionship round ?

2. chadspaint

thanks ! Does anyone know if the track will get flooded.Or the area around the park. I never been there. The Track is really close to the center of the storm. 5 -7 ' storm surge predicted in the bay. plus 10 inches of rain.

3. I'm there all the time. It's possible some parts will flood. But I'm sure that it will be just fine for next weekends events.

4. chadspaint

been watching it on the news.. I hope everybody gets through it ok

5. chadspaint

I heard Millville has been evacuated

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  7. chadspaint

That's what I got from my buddy at the fire department. He is planning for a lot of water rescues. Hey I heard trailers float.. So maybe you are in for some travel :D

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Check your tire pressures! If your house has a flat, it will NOT float. :Poke:

9. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Soil is all sand, so water drains very well.

I would worry more about some of the facilities, however, the storm's just been downgraded to 60 mph winds. Don't think much will happen, but who knows.

Drainage ponds will clearly overfill, but they're nowhere near the track.

10. Apparently a tornado touched down in Vineland, which isn't too far from NJMP.

11. Track is getting hammered right now. Drainage is pretty good but you'll get a couple of areas where the water will still run across. If you have to go off track it will be dodgey at best, unfortunately I know from experience, the run off is great even days after heavy rain.
    In addition the track has been busy with plenty of rubber laid down, that will be gone now.

12. chadspaint

Looked like the hurry cane picked up a lot of dry air. That must have helped. Glad to hear that it wasn't worse case senario.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Apparently the track is open tomorrow for a TD, and it's sunny and dry for the entire rest of the week so the AMA weekend should be good to go.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

15. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

That Dam is not that old, and looks pretty serious. Can't see why it would fail, but who knows.

Even if Millville where under 5 ft. of water, it wouldn't effect the track. It's pretty far away from the River.

For those heading down, check out the Old Oar House Irish pub in the center of town. Much better food and beer (30+ taps) than any of the crappy chain places near the highway. Got an outdoor section too.

Unless the dam brakes of course :confused:

16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I've been at the track most of the day. It's fine. Millville is fine.

17. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

When you say Millville is fine? You're talking about as far as the storm damage right?

18. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Haha. Well, Millville is the same as it was. All the water hasn't cleaned anything up.

19. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

:clap: :crackup: So true.