1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Run GP Steps up

Discussion in 'General' started by chadspaint, Jul 30, 2011.

1. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

Run GP AMA

I was sitting here eating some Hamburger buns left here by H8R last week, and it got me thinking. These guys are Headed to the next AMA round . They picked up a rider. Went out and bought a x Eslic Gixxer from M4 SUzuki and they are gonna go for it! 1 more bike in the paddock :up: And they make windscreens now :beer:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

3. chadspaint

You don't think it's cool? Or is it that you run ama all the time. :) Have you ever run ama? :D

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I think it's cool. And yes, I ran AMA. It was a looooooooooooooooooooong time ago. Goodyear slicks ring a bell?

OBTW, it was a joke for cryin' out loud... [​IMG]

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

They may want to work on that website some day.

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

1929, right?:D

Wish he had some screens on his website. I need some.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  7. chadspaint

Goodyear had slicks .. LMAO.. My dad had a set on his 754 honda when I was a kid. They were'nt slicks but... They were almost like a car tire. Plenty of treadless side wall/ .lol . So what lean angle did you run back then 25? . :) :crackup:

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Only enough lean angle to get under the guy in front of me. And they REALLY did make slicks. That was about all a country boy could get in the `70's.

They were a HUGE step up from my K-81Rs. They stuck like glue until they stopped sticking... suddenly!

9. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

seem to recall using Goodyear rains/wets too
    Seems to me the Michelins were a very simalar tread pattern when they came out with their own

10. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

11. chadspaint

Awesume. So Goodyear "slicks" were actually leather wrapped around a steel rim. Did you ever have to change the filiment ( Wick) in your gas headlight on your street bike ?

12. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

LMAO

So, who is the rider?!?!

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yep, made wicks out of my mama's stockings! And wrapped my rims in harness leather! Orvis was my wheelwright.

:D

14. RunGP

RunGP T-shirt Pimp

The website was a huge step up for us as compared to the previous iteration. H8R is in charge of the website. We'd love him to finish posting product on it. It seems he's too busy in here trying to be a smart ass.

Thanks for the mention Chad. As soon as H8R finishes designing the banner for WERA we will have one of those too.

We do not want to be known as a spammer on this site or any other.

As far as the AMA team goes, that is sort of an overstatement. We have worked out a little program to help Ryan Matter, who just turned 16 day before yesterday, to go and do the NJMP round. Ryan's main commitment this year will remain WERA west, and CVMA (he is either leading or top 3 in all classes he is in IIRC). Hopefully we will be able to step up to the plate more next season, and we hope by giving Ryan and his Dad stable backing they will be able to secure additional sponsorship. Frankly none of this would have been possible without John Ulrich and Chris Ulrich answering what seems like a thousand questions, and just recently Chip from KWS for talking some sense into us. We also need to thank Gianni’s business partner, Brian Short for his added support and intelligence in helping to get things going.

We had planned on doing a press release for Roadracing World, but since the cat is out of the bag, and since Gianni is on here all the time we felt it prudent to offer a response.

Thanks,

RunGP

15. chadspaint

Wow. Some day when I meet you Run GP I would like to shake your hand. You have a couple good guys working there.

P.S. Didn't know it was suposed to be a secret, Maybe someone on the board will come forward and offer more suport. Good luck . Your bikes look top notch

16. tunawest

Run Gp. Will you have my babies?

17. chadspaint

So whe you were to out run the cops. You would blow out the light.. But then . when you needed it back on.. You had to pull over and give it time to start up ? :crackup:

18. chadspaint

I think they already did.. They are diggin up my yard big time over here :D

19. tunawest

Still? WTF chad. I thought you had that shit under control

20. chadspaint

It's so f-ing terrible.. My house will colaps any day now becaue it is located on gopher swiss cheeze. Carbon Monoxide makes them multiply I guess