1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rd Atlanta asshat award goes to:

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

:tut: Sayeth the one who chose to stay sober Sat night! :Poke: How'd that work out for you? :crackup:

2. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Following the book would take care of it; race director could lurk about and impose fines! That would slow the behavior way down.

If you're in Jax you can sleep through anything. Born and raised there; never recovered from the place.

:stupid:

Good sugestion; too bad Roebling is next where there will be few opportunities to catch anyone misbehaving on a pit ride. Say what you will about the track management, but the place is safe.

I kain't spail too good when BBSing.

3. tazrider

tazrider Greenwood Racing Wera 71

I don't think the pits are the issue, nor the pitbikes....IT'S THE PARENTS ALLOWING THEIR KIDS TO BE UNSUPERVISED!!!!

During a late track walk on Saturday (at the last Jennings race), I walked up on a kid, who was alone, teasing the gators in the pond by turn 6. There were 2 gators on different ends of the pond and this kid couldn't be more than 6 or 7. I tried to force him to leave as the gators kept approaching the shore/bank but this kid refused to leave. I didn't know who his family was so after severall failed attemps, I simply left. As much as I didnt want anything to happen to him, I didn't personally want to get caught up in some craziness that can come from being involved with kids ( sometimes you just never know) that you don't know. My prayers were answered and he was safe but that's another case of a parent giving their child tooooo much freedom. Parents, ............KEEP UP WITH YOUR KIDS AND STOP LETTING THE REST OF THE TRACK BE YOUR BABYSITTERS.....now I see how sooo many children come up missing each year.

4. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

You actually walked away from a 6 yr old teasing a gator??

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Sounds like Darwin in action....

6. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

:stupid:

7. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Hey what's wrong with that? it's all about how you raise your child. I'm glad I grew up in a different time. :)

8. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

I grew up with a dad who taught me how, when, and where to shoot.
    Too many parents buy their kids "toys", without any kind of training, or
    supervision.
    If I got on my mini bike without a helmet, I knew it would be taken away,
    and my ass would be sore for a week. I put my helmet on first everytime. :up:

9. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Ya play around...

ya lay around.

Yeah, defending kids railing around in the paddock, their "freedom" and all that - PRICELESS!

A few months ago at night some drunk fools were ripping arond at Rd A on a big ass 4 wheeler.
    We had just got back from dinner in town and I saw all the blue lights up by the tech shed.
    We drove by and as I got out of the car I heard the unmistakeable sounds of absolute agony. Bone crushing agony. The kind that makes your stomach churn into knots...

Aforementioned drunk fuks were blasting up and down the long rows in upper flat paddock, and met an F350 coming by the tech shed, right into the right front fender, crushing this big behemoth quad back to the gas tank.

Rider and passenger were catapulted over the hood (but only after crushing the fender and hood with their bodies, actually pivoting the front of the truck a few feet over) landing in the scale area, legs and arms all bent at those really sick angles that want to make you hurl your newly acquired and currently digesting dinner.

It looked like they hit the thing doing 40-45 mph.
    Oh yeah the pool of blood was getting wider by the minute.

While not kids, even the Blind Boys of Alabama could see how lives were changed for the very worst in that moment.

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

there really are fucking gators in those ponds at jennings? :wow: holy shit! i thought the signs at pit out were just kind of a joke considering the area. i figured turtles were a strong possibility, but real fucking gators?!?!?

11. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

:crackup:

12. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

You got a problem with gators Howard? :D

13. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Funny :D

Hopefully "the other side of the story" didnt include anything in the direction of "this lady in a car just cut me off!!!! put me in the ditch dad!" .....cuz that would be just a flat out lie.

What did the other rider say? He seemed to understand the situation from the beginning.....I suspect his buddy may have contaminated him on their story?

Did they get the scooter running? As soon as we got it out of the ditch for him, we left. The green had already dropped.

I'm glad he came out physically ok, from initial appearance anyway....that was a close one.:wow:

I just hope the kid learned a lesson....but if he swapped the story, that just makes it worse.

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Olivia was pointing them out this weekend: "Look dad, another junior flatbiller.".

Unce unce unce. It's the new Team Yo! motto.

Dunno, what is the bomber?

That bike does run strong, doesn't it?

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Sounds to me like he did what he could. Would you have him physically pick the crotchfruit up and carry it away from the gator? Then said crotchfruit starts kicking and screaming and generally pitching a fit, and the absent "parents" come out and see this guy carrying their screaming child way out away from the lights by the pond and he gets beat down, arrested, charged with child abuse or attempted kidnapping or worse?

Keeping the lil snot factory safe from the gator wasn't his responsibility... it was THE PARENT'S!

16. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

No, his story was pretty much just as you described it. The details I hadn't heard was that there was an audience in the back of the truck and that he was made to apologize. Good job. Even good kids make mistakes and need to be held accountable. I'm not sure what he told his father, but, knowing the kid, I would bet it was the truth (although maybe missing the details about having to apologize :crackup:).

17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Roebling is safe? I heard there's some old guy there with a 3 foot screwdriver who creeps around at night turning clickers on bikes in the pits, mugging kids, raping dogs.....

18. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Now you realize it! :beer:

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the onsite photog has plenty of closeups of them hanging on the wall... if you want to keep the names straight on them. :D

20. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

The only problem I had was the kids kept going by on their loud pit bikes/quad and cutting through my pit which made it hard to have a conversation. And it bothered me they didn't have on helmets...