1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Bikes, Spare Engines, Spare Parts And A Fake $30,000 "Cashier's Check"?

Discussion in 'General' started by John29, May 9, 2011.

1. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

2. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

Damn sad to hear. Hopefully they recover Mark's stuff. I'm also hoping a $30,000 theft nets someone some substantial federal prison time.

3. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Oh snap. This Ty Lewis guy has been stealing bikes from people down here for years. I believe he chops them/sells them as is from a shop somewhere in the Keys if I remember correctly.

4. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

They should just shoot the mother fucker!!!!

crashman likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Time to hunt down Ty/Trivillus.

6. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

ouch, as if racing isn't expensive enough. That dude will get whats coming to him.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That takes a giant case of stupid to try and pull off. Attempting to rip off a team as high profile as Vesrah just leaves me thinking that guy is going to get him tosses into f@cked in the ass jail.

All I can think is that the bikes are on their way out of the country already and Genius thinks he'll be forgotten or that he'll get the money from his buyer before the cops catch him.

8. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that's what has been happening since he supposedly was released from prison 12-2007.

Hopefully not this time.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

He looks like a sheisty fuck taking douchey facebook pics in the bathroom.....I hope he gets what's coming to him

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

No offense to those of you with an alternative lie style, but, that first picture does look a little on the fruity side.

11. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

damn, hope they catch the bastard

I dont ship anything, no matter what the value, if someone pays by check/cashiers check until it has cleared and is in my bank account

My bank has told me that they dont even really issue cashiers checks anymore because a personal check is pretty much the same thing and are more trackable than cashiers checks......

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Are you trying to say that maybe he's purposely trying to get caught? :confused:

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He has to be with this attempt because he royally screwed the pooch this time.

14. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

15. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Sucks that a simple google search on this dude would've saved Junge $30K.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's like a real life "Catch Me If You Can"

17. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Been giving this some thought. If anyone from Vesrah reads this:
    First collect all your evidence, e mails, phone messages, paper work (try to find the original envelope the check was mailed was mailed to you in). Get copies of the bad check (front and back) from your bank.
    Next make your own notes about the dates and times things happened, do not rely on your memory. These types of cases can take time to be properly investigated.
    I read the Roadracing World updated story and it is great that the local PD/Sheriffs are involved, but, this involves mail fraud, a larceny, false personation, a forgery, a bad check, and some Federal and Postal charges as well since there was an inter state component to the crime.
    Sometimes local police agencies are not equipped or pre disposed to properly investigate these types of crimes. Without stepping on their toes the victim should consider contacting and referring the case to the State AG in all states involved, the US Postal inspectors, and/or possibly the FBI. At the very least, and diplomatically, see if the investigating agency is making those contacts and pursuing those avenues.
    If the police and other enforcement agencies fail to satisfactorily pursue this case the individual can and should be sued in civil court. In fact the victim should be prepared to sue in court regardless of law enforcement involvement. Keep in mind the goal of law enforcement is to prosecute and punish the guilty party, the victim may or my not be made whole in regards the losses. Having a civil judgement to attach any assets can help alleviate the financial loss.

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  18. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Why would you ship a part/bike unless you had the money in your account?

t500racer likes this.
  19. Critter

Critter Registered

mark,

Try locating any freight forwaders in the Chesapeake, VA Beach, Norfolk, Hampton Roads area. I bet they have a matching shipment weight and QTY to what you shipped. I bet it left on an ocean line. There are only a couple of international shipping lines that will mess with bikes crated or not. Also look for one in Miami they might have something.

I have a friend that works for a freight forwader in NYC I will call him in the AM and see if there is a way to track this down if it left the country.

20. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

There was a security camera somewhere. If they were shipped, he was seen. If there was a paper signed, there was a fingerprint. They have his phone number, there is an address tied to the bill unless it's prepaid. If he's out of prison, chances are he is on parole. If he's living in an apartment, there was a credit check done to verify income.

After years watching thieves and how they operate, they all have one thing in common. They want more money and they all get cocky.

Plaster his face in as many places as you can and someone will notice.