1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 200 Raceday Discussion - Spoilers Galore!

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Mar 12, 2011.

1. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I remember both. :eek:

3. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

I just Heard Scott Russell won from the broadcasters booth.....

Freakin B/s new motor

4. The_Dude

The_Dude Well-Known Member

Yeah, another lame incident involving Herrin... Westby & Knapp are lucky to be alive. I guess Herrin is going to have to "Finish him" mortal kombat style on the track before people and the AMA realize the kid is a dirty rider. This isn't the first, second, third... incident involving Herrin in the past 12 months, so lame. Especially when the guys are in 5th-7th place, but there is no reason to be ramming into guys @ 170mph regarless

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And you are?

6. xn85turbo

xn85turbo Well-Known Member

RumbleStrip post of the rules seems to have come from a source other that the official rule book.

The rule book clearly states repairs are allowed on all competing motorcycles.

http://www.amaproracing.com/assets/AMAPro-RR-2011-Rulebook.pdf

7. mdr14

mdr14 What?

He's "The Dude"

he had the carpet that tied the whole room together, holding a beverage... you know, "The Dude"

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

And he chilled.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know the Dude and he is not the Dude. The Dude doesn't dis people like that. The Dude is way chill.

10. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

i should have put money on that :D

11. backcountryme

Originally Posted by KovzR6
    i cant pick. is anyones race in superbike.

DiSalvo wins the 200*

There, fixed it for you. :Poke:

12. backcountryme

13. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Correctified.

14. vance

vance *

Just got to watch it... wow.
    2 questions:
    1. Did Knapp and Westby cross the finish line?
    2. If the red came out at the end, but the leaders had already crossed, how is the remainder of the field's placing determined?

For example, if the red flag comes out after the first group crossed, I'm guesing the rest of the field doesn't race to the line... So are they placed from the previous lap, or from where they are when the red goes up, or did they actually let them race to the line?

15. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

1. No.
    2. They are a lap down, scored as they crossed the line the previous lap. Revised results now reflect this.

16. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Stick to painting--the bike looked nice with your paint.

There was nothing wrong with the set-up.

There was something wrong with the front tires. Guys were tucking them on the banking all the time and many were chunking too.

17. John29

They got moved back there because their crash brought out the red, officials said. How everybody behind fifth got scored as lap down is a mystery. I don't think I have ever seen the first five guys get scored on the lead lap and the rest of the guys who were on the lead lap put back one. Usually, red flag scoring counts the last lap that everybody on the lead lap completed. That did not happen in this case. I don't know why. But I am tired.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

John, that Eslick crash was bizarre. Tire or momentary brain failure?

19. John29

All tire. The first one was tucking on the banking all the time, chunked like crazy and forced an unplanned tire swap at his first pit stop. The second one tucked 3 or 4 times on the banking until it tucked so badly that Danny couldn't save it and he crashed. The tucking was worse in the draft for some reason. Dane got a new front on his first stop because his was tucking all the time. Cardenas' front was tucking on the bank so bad he had to stick out a knee and drag the rear brake to keep it under control, and he chunked it terribly.

The front tires were not working at all yesterday.On 600s or 1000s. (Or 848s)

20. John29

His bike was really fast. Maybe it was World Supersport spec.