1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bridgestones?

Discussion in 'General' started by ryguy, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

Did a couple searches and didn't see anything recently about this, so sorry if this is old news:

word on the streets is that there are some new DOT tires on the way from japan. and i've heard they should be pretty good

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Yes, there's a new DOT race tire coming out (I've been told direct from the NE vendor). Don't know the U.S. release date yet.

R10 race tire (Click on Jan 24th release)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  3. "...Hold my 'Stones!" Bridgestones! Now about Kikki.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

4. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

got to love that translation

Warning
    R10 はプロダクションレースで使用することを前提に設計・開発されたサーキット向けのタイヤです。 R10 is a tire that was developed for the circuit designed for use in production racing. したがって、一般公道における法定速度を超過した高速走行の場合やサーキット走行をする時の車輌への適切なセッティングとチューニングがなされていない場合は、ウォブル(車体ぶれ)等により操縦安定性が損なわれるだけではなく重大な事故につながる可能性があります。 Therefore, if you have not been tuning and setting appropriate to the vehicle when driving circuit or when traveling at high speed in excess of legal speed on public roads, the wobble (shake body), only loss of steering stability due could lead to serious accidents, not a. また使用するタイヤコンパウンドが気温、路面温度および路面状況に適していない場合や走行開始直後でタイヤが適正温度に達していない場合など十分なグリップが得られませんので使用に際しては十分ご注意ください。 Tire temperature is used also used when it can not get enough grip and does not reach the temperature of the tires after the start of running, or if not suitable for surface temperature and road conditions, please pay attention. 上記の様な現象の発生とその結果生じた事故に対し当社は一切の責任を負いかねます。 For our accident and resulting phenomena such as these can not assume any responsibility.
    また低温下において、衝撃を与えたり変形させることによりトレッド部にひび割れが生じる恐れがあります。 Under low temperatures, may cause cracks in the tread section by shock or distort. タイヤの保管・取り扱いには十分注意してください。 Please keep the tires to handle with care. 特に低温下においては、タイヤが温まるまで走行には十分注意してください。 Especially at a low temperature, warm up the tires to run, please be careful.

5. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

R10's, supposed to be on the ship already.

6. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

engrish preeze

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8. P 51 Jockey

P 51 Jockey Well-Known Member

Yes, they are inbound. Hoping to test some soon!

9. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Hummmm. No soft compound?

I like the new tread from a design point. Hope if offers some advantages as well.

The 3-D tread looks like they're pre-chuncked from the factory :D

10. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Yea, but what does stickboy say.....what say you?

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You guys are missing the obvious question.

Will they make an 18" rear for my FZR:D

12. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

It looks like the pirelli's

13. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

From what I have been reading they don't seem to be anything special. I mean whats better about this tire? I don't get what they are saying " freedom in cornering " Does that mean I can do whatever I want? Like I can on all the other tires?

14. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 Well-Known Member

Wonder what the price range will be and if the current bt003's will get cheaper.

15. Suburbanrancher

Every facet has been tweaked from the previous 003, from construction to compound. The stability and drive off turns is supposed to be significantly better according to preliminary tests (so I've been told).

I'll give them a try on a big bike when the time comes just to see how different they are from the 003.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yeah, like catch up on emails and shit

[​IMG]

17. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 Well-Known Member

The 003 was a versatile tire I just could not get a good feeling from the front. I'm coming from pirelli's. Not sure if you had the same experience. Rear grip was great for me though so if they have improved that I'd love to try them as well.

18. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

And of course no 160, leh sigh

19. Suburbanrancher

I raced with both the round and V profile fronts last year - both were decent, though I tucked the front on the round profile a couple of times and switched over to the V later in the season - never had that issue again.

The rears were another story; very predictable, but I was burning through them in under 3 sprints (on a literbike) and I could absolutely feel the difference in drive and spin compared to other tires.

I'm curious to see how the updates work - I'd like to see Bridgestone bring a front runner to the big-bike club racing game.

20. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

^ me to they are cheap compared to other race tires.