1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire Warmers Comparison

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

So in response to my ad on the new classifieds section (which I really like BTW) I got reponses for a set of CH, Suzkua, and Woodcraft. Exact same price for all three exlcuding shipping.

Simply from a on and off the tire perspective, which is easiest? Assuming wattage is the universal, how well does each hold up to average use.

Thanks!

2. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

Woodcrafts work flawlessly, and have amazing support.

The chickenhawks and suzuka's are both made by chickenhawk. And there's nothing wrong with them.

3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I think the Woodcrafts and the Chicken Hawks are the best of what's available. IMO, the Woodcrafts are a little nicer warmer, cover more of the tire and rim and have the idiot-proof connector that shuts the warmer off when it comes off the wheel to prevent burning up a warmer. However, the CH warmers are a close second. I have Woodcrafts and two sets of CH warmers (a standard set and a set of the Pro Line digital warmers) and I use the Woodcraft warmers most of the time.

In the past, I've had great customer support from both companies.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Buy whichever the person answer the phone first. Can't lose on any of them.

5. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

same here:up:

6. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

Woodcraft

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Chicken Hawks have been 100% reliable and hotter than any other brand we've used, for the past couple seasons.

8. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

+1 on the CH.

I also like the temp controller separate from the warmers. I modified by controller stand with light switches for each controller and put hooks on the back to wrap up and hold an extension cord. It works great and makes set-up, use and storage a snap.

9. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Happy with my CH's

10. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

:stupid:

11. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

LOL I have had my $150 Tyre Soxx for two years and have had no problems. I know this isnt on your list but its my only experience with new warmers. I bought a 10 year old set of used CH's and they died after a few months....but hell, they were 10 years old. lol

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  12. nobill1398

nobill1398 K7 GSX-R1000

Woodcraft because of the dual-temp feature. You should want that flexibility between pit sessions.

13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Easiest on and off: Woodcraft plus when you take them off they automatically unplug so you will never burn them.
    Best racer support: Chickenhawk
    Flip a coin

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

My T2's held up all year last year with no issues.. I have the new Thermostats... Used them about 20 full days....

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I have a good rear T2:rolleyes:

16. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Thanks for all the responses!

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yep both of my originals went on me.. However since I got the new thermostats under warranty all has been well...

18. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

CH has that feature now as well (quick disconnect).

19. CHUCKTOWN26

CHUCKTOWN26 Well-Known Member

Woodcraft, great warmers and amazing support!!:up:

Nothing against the others;)

20. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

Not sure what you're paying but you should see if you can get your hands on a set of Termorace ONE's or the Termorace GRID model.

They're the new hotness.