1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New WERA Classifieds Site Launched

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Mongo, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Having to pay doesn't bother me.
    I don't like the format, no PM's, and just the idea of having to get familiar with a new site and new method of doing things.

I like the idea of keeping the old classifieds and charging an annual fee. $50 fee would probably bring in more money than $1 per ad fee.

2. motox

motox 164

The new scheme will take a while to get used to... and ads will be much tougher to navigate. Would it be possible to have 2 versions of the classifieds? One which looks the same as the current but functions in tandem with the new site?

I also agree with the above poster about PMs... that was the main way to get in touch with many of the racers I have done business with.

3. teamneon

teamneon Well-Known Member

ya the pms is the only issue that bothers me...i guess if everyone uses the same username they can discuss it on 13x with pms?
    And what if its a whole bike partout? 99cents for each part?

I understand the costs of website maintenance, i have over 45 domains and only get revenue from about 8 lol

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For now you will be able to list all the parts on one ad. We may limit that in the future but for now it's cool. We're also going to leave the editing open for longer too, not sure how much longer but a bit more than the current 30 minutes.

There will be responses on the ad like a thread, those will all generate an email to the advertiser. PM's on here will still work like normal. For now on there you have the option of posting below the ad or hitting the contact tab over on the right to email them through the software (that was an advertiser you aren't giving out your email)

5. Rusty

Rusty WERA Code Monkey

Let me see if I can catch up here just a bit:

1) You can still contact the seller of each ad by clicking on the "contact" link on each ad.

2) You can post however many items in a particular ad that you want. The only limitation that we're watching for are entire bikes... if you post a bike in the "parts" section the ad is going to get dropped...

3) The ad runs for 30 days... you can edit the ad so if you have a few different items and one sells you can adjust the ad accordingly.

4) As far as a "posting" history... ads are removed from the current system, so seeing how many items a user has posted is only accurate for ads that have not been dropped.

In the new system each "user" has their own profile page:

http://weraclassifieds.com/postedby/rusty/

So as the site develops that user's history will be a part of their profile... along with rating and feedback information.

The new system is a work in progress (as are most things). The layout is different, but we've stepped up the ability to search ads, tag ads, and place ads in much more specific categories. So while it may take some getting used to we feel it is going to help you sell things faster (through the use of broadcasting out to people who aren't even on the board) as well as being easier to find things you're looking for .

6. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

So as a Store I can list my parts for sale? We now have a shop in cincy and I'd like to sell on here.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes under parts for sale. We'll be doing something different in the long run for commercial posts but individual posts of stuff you're selling are fine for now.

8. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Beat me to it.

9. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

COOL!! thanks Mongo.

10. Rusty

Rusty WERA Code Monkey

Just a heads-up that if you are trying to register with the same name as your BBS username:

Usernames in the classified system can't contain any special characters. That's a limitation by design due to the way we display the user profiles.

I'll be adding a "BBS Profile" link or something like that in the near future though.

11. snowbizx

snowbizx Well-Known Member

just threw up my first item! there's a LOT of things to like about the new site. i just hope that it doesn't prevent the amount of listings and items for sale like we've had in the past.

edit: it confirms your password in plain text through email. not good.

12. snowbizx

snowbizx Well-Known Member

and ppl need to stop adding the "$" when the system already does it for them. i'm anal and it's kinda annoying. k i'm done. no more outta me for tonight. :D

13. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Could the connection to Facebook allow clowns to connect to the classifieds and negatively affect listings like possibly allow in more deadbeat buyers/sellers?
    Maybe someone else can elaborate on my thought, I'm not the smartest idiot here.

14. Rusty

Rusty WERA Code Monkey

You can change it right away through the dashboard...

This process verifies the email address is valid...

15. motox

motox 164

Is there supposed to be a title shown for each ad? currently the site is showing a thumbnail and an empty box next to it with no text. I suppose it could be a browser issue... using firefox 3.6

16. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

How is the "wera fee" collected? I'm sure its in here but I just now saw this and we are now on page 6....
    Thanks

17. Rusty

Rusty WERA Code Monkey

There will always be those types... but by pushing the content out to FB and Twitter we're enabling people to watch/search for ads where they already are. This will bring in more traffic... both buyers and sellers... but it is still up to the users to use caution when dealing with anyone.

18. Rusty

Rusty WERA Code Monkey

Paypal

19. Rusty

Rusty WERA Code Monkey

Check your plugins... apparently there is an issue with adblocker

20. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Shit....I hate PayPal...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.