1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New WERA Classifieds Site Launched

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Mongo, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hellishhorses

hellishhorses Active Member

Actually it is. And anybody that got into running, administering, managing forums for the money is an absolute idiot.

Like people that race for the money.

2. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

I know this has already been said, but I also found this site through the classifieds, stayed around for a while, asked some questions, and will race with you this year at gingy at least. I do think that the classifieds are some of the best on the net. I also understand it is a drain on your resources, and there is ton's of drama from assholes and thieves. But I would bet that you have gotten a fair amount of racers join by looking/buying from your classifieds section.

Do you plan on keeping metrics for new racer registration? If it goes down, would you attribute it to this move?

3. 4literranger485

4literranger485 gold member

because i absolutely love being catered too! I mean, seriously, i had you make this whole site just for myself! Perhaps, if you'd really like to cater to my needs, you could send me some beer, and maybe a hot meal?

It may be just my personal thinking, and i'm willing to accept that, but i can't imagine why you'd want to alienate anyone in the motorcycling community. Wouldn't you think that ALL riders could be potential customers? I'll be sure to leave the premises, and know that my money is probably more welcomed with another club :bow:

4. ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

you're crazy if you think a $10 listing fee is going to scare off a scammer from trying to pull something on the new format.

5. NJGSXR1k

NJGSXR1k Well-Known Member

Ok I have to post. Been a member for awhile. Never raced WERA (only CCS to be honest) and have used the classfieds to buy some stuff and I think sell 1 bike. Do I wish they were free? Yes. Am I going to bitch and whine about it? No. My God why do you people have to complain so much?

From what I hear (since I don't race WERA) is that their grids are relatively small compared to CCS. If that is true wouldn't you want them to make some money so they stay in business? Fack!

6. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

I thought that too, they'll get that $10 back no matter what......

7. G2G

G2G I feel the need

+1

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We do appreciate it, thank you. I'm hoping the new setup will allow us to proved a better/safer experience for those who do choose to keep using it.

9. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

i like it, great idea and i think it'll work.

one question i was curious about, what about someone like chris kruzel's thread in the "other" section? is there going to be a new subforum for member pics or whatnot to show off his work or will his thread be in general?

I doubt he'll have a problem making new customers since he's so well known with positive reputation.

10. ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

i think the prices are very fair though. $1 for parts or gear and $10 is reasonable. You can list multiple parts per listing right?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We always keep track but given the economy I'm not sure we'd be able to attribute anything to one specific cause. Otherwise I'd have to say the BBS drives racers away since we had higher turnouts before it existed in 1998.... :D

I think the classifieds will do fine on the new site and will still continue to help promote our brand.

12. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Works for me, suprised it didnt come sooner. To those that are whining about it you're not going to find a better spot to advertise general roadracing stuff. The site gets entirely too many hits and is pretty generalized. Unless you want to sign up for 50 different specific bike sites you'd be wasting more time and energy than what the fees are. Get over it, they arent asking for your first born child.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't, but at least we'll get $10 out of them :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Multiple parts is fine for now.

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

And the best part about this new site is that it will get rid of the..

"Hey, I've got a bike for sale, anybody wanna buy it?"

and

"Hey, I'm in BF Egypt and looking for a bike, anybody got one for sale?"

16. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

And they get more money from your "racers" which would take out of their "fees" for racing :p

It's a vicious cycle :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So the difference between now and then is what? Yeah, we get $10. :D

If this actually does well our racers should be happy as it will keep us from having to raise fees in other areas to pay the bills.

18. triplestack3

triplestack3 Early Retirement

Just wondering, will the links to the classifieds sections still be on the main list of forums, just redirect to weraclassifieds.com?

I think a buck for a part is pretty fair, all things considered.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If nothing else it'll get rid of the "feelers" and the "xyz for sale on Ebay".

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes they will, the forum titles will look the same but will send you to either the home page or the specific category you're looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.