1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New WERA Classifieds Site Launched

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Mongo, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

So you don't want anyone here that doesn't race for wera?

:D

2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I believe all current "free" ads on the old site will be closed 30 days from today if I read it right.

All new "paid" ads on the new site will run for a 90 day term and then be deleted.

So this means you cant find anything you bought, sold, or looked for 91 days ago lol....:(

Personally I would have rather paid a yearly fee to use the bbs and left it as is.

RC713 likes this.
  3. 4literranger485

4literranger485 gold member

i am a racer, and trackday rider. I spend money with most of the site sponsors and track organizations that make it all possible. i also buy the parts FROM racers, putting money into their pockets, which in turn they put into yours.

Ever heard the phrase "don't bite the hand that feeds"???

4. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

And I sell parts to racers, so that they have a nice, strong running bike to enter said races :D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Honestly, I don't think it sucks at all. I think it's f@cking kickass! The racers win because they are buying from other racers. The racers win because they will have a rating system to make sure they get what they pay for. WERA wins because the BBS is no longer shitting out cash for space that they would never see any income from.

Nah man, it's kickass in it's kickassitmost! :)

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's a whole dollar to run it another 30 days.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, don't mind that at all. I do mind when the people who have never been a customer and in all likelihood will never be a customer bitch and whine about what we do to make things better for our actual customers.

8. <0

<0 Well-Known Member

register

will we need to re register to use the new site?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you think you're entitled to something because you use our resources to get cheap parts for yourself.

Yeah. Reality is that doesn't do shit for our bottom line. Good try though. Well, not really but I guess at least you tried.

10. 4literranger485

4literranger485 gold member

aren't you quite the elitist! There's over 40k members here, do you think they are all WERA racers? Something tells me you wouldn't be charging for classifieds if they were lol

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes you will. Pretty simple setup like registering here. You can even use the same username as here if you've built a rapport with people.

12. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

That's probably coming next. :rolleyes:

13. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I like it. The Google map part is cool and I like the idea of a rating system:up:

I liked the old setup, but I can't complain. This isn't charity work. I haven't raced in WERA since the early 90's, but I'm hoping to do a round or two this year.

Hope it works out well and remains the best racing classifieds out there. I'll be glad to pony up a little dough to sell stuff.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  14. ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

i say add some more adds and banners in the classifieds sections and go back to free :)

15. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

will there be broken out sections such as

• Bikes
    • Parts
    • Gear
    • Misc
    Similar to before?

Will the current WERA BBS or WERA.com have a direct link to this site or is the www.weraclassifieds.com a stand alone site?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes I am absofuckinglutely an elitist when it comes to protecting WERA. No, I don't think all 40k are WERA members. I also know for a fact that the overwhelming majority of people who are using this board for classifieds and nothing else are a drain on our resources and do absolutely nothing for WERA.

So now why is it I should keep catering to you?

17. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

go look for yourself :Poke:

thats how its done already.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay seriously Chuck, go look at the damn thing before posting. The link is in my first post in this thread. All you have to do is click it.

19. chidadog

chidadog Well-Known Member

Well I'm not going anywhere and I know all of my friends are staying as well. WERA has allowed me/us to help a bunch of racers and will gladly continue to do so. Change is the hardest thing for anyone of us to overcome. Believe me. We'll get used to the new system and as for the $ compare it to Ebay..and paypal which we all use anyway. WERA does deserve to charge. They've burdened the expense of carrying all of us. Yes it does cost $. Just wish as someone said they would have hit us for an annual fee instead of the price/listing charges. Easier accounting for anual fees and less monitoring and paperwork. Will definietely steer the scammers and no good people away for sure. Definate cleaning of the house..

20. MellowYellow

MellowYellow Will work for race gear

I love it. :beer: The layout is clean and I don't mind spending $10 to sell my bike or $1 for everything else. Especally if it helps out WERA. :clap:

The only downside is I now have yet another bookmark in my favorites folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.