1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200 tickets/ Seat Selection

Discussion in 'General' started by Dpeglow, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Dpeglow

Dpeglow Well-Known Member

This will be my first time going to Daytona to watch the race. The "center" in the Sprint or Petty Tower are $45 each, and the Infield/Grandstand are also $45 each. Or GA Grandstand only for $30

So Beeb, which is the hotspot for the best view of the action?

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Anywhere near "Turn 1" is pretty good. Watching from the infield on a motorhome roof is nice too! :D

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Infield! If you have a truck or motorhome, back it up to the fence. Bring food, beer, boobies..........etc. I prefer The west end horseshoe. There are bleachers in the infield as well, if you don't have something high to sit on.

4. MCoop

MCoop Trackhead Motorsports

The higher up the better, and to the right of the tri-oval so you can see the cars coming from the left without looking down the row of people.

5. ccmhunt

ccmhunt Well-Known Member

Cars?

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

When I went in 2004 the Classic Cycle Club tickets were nice. Pricey but you get food and drink included plus it is air conditioned and it included infield tickets if you wanted to do that. You can see everything from up high. Wife and I even snuck in other venues there and got even better food and drink. :D

7. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

you can always walk around the grandstands and find several good spots, its not that packed

8. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

What the hell is the matter with you? :Poke:

For the actual race, turn 1 can't be beat. Buy the infield/grandstand tickets. Once inside, following the grandstands around to the right (west) until you see the grandstand entry called "Keech." Sit there. I'm sure I'll be nearby.

9. Rodney Vest #310

Rodney Vest #310 Well-Known Member

The infield . There is a lot more stuff you can get into and see. I raced the 200 in 2008-09 and the infield was always busy.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'll be at the horseshoe grandstand. Get there early so you can walk the paddock of course.

11. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Just bought the plane ticket to go down, can't wait as this will be my first time at Daytona!:rock:

Where are some cool party spots to hit after the race?

12. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

usually the Ocean Deck

13. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Is it a Friday Saturday double header again or is all racing on Saturday?

14. nobill1398

nobill1398 K7 GSX-R1000

Definitely, purchase the Infield/Grandstand tickets. The seat near Turn 1 is the best, plus you can tour the race team garages too.

In between races, they allow you to walk across the track from the Infield to the main stand (this is a good time to take photos, etc on the Daytona 200 logo and the embankment of the track).

15. metalkid88

metalkid88 Well-Known Member

Molly browns ;)

16. Dits

My back porch rocks.

Seriously.

17. 100%REALITY

100%REALITY Well-Known Member

" the patch " ...100%

18. Dits

You're joking, right?

19. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

You guys better not be referring to a bar like the "blue oyster" from the Police Academy movies!:D

20. Dits

It's officially called The Cabbage Patch, or locally referred to as Spotnik's (after the owner.) It's a bit outside of Daytona in a place called Samsula.

It's a must see if you weigh 300 pounds, have a braided gray beard, smell funny and have screamin' eagle tattoos on your arms.

It's famous for smelly overweight, fat women with braided beards and screamin' eagle tattoos wrastlin' each other in cole slaw. Their web site is entertaining though.