1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Novice Racers

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by mag, Jan 15, 2011.

1. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Decided to race wera this year for first time. wanted to see how many other new racers there will be, type of bike, which classes and at which tracks. Anyone else?

2. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

Good thread, but why would you not start it out by filling in your information?

3. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Oops

aprilia rsvr. Gonna run A, B, HWT and F1. Will start at Tally coming up but doubt the bike will be ready by then.

4. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

It would be smarter & cheaper to start to start on something smaller like an ex250/500 or an SV. Do you have any track experience?

5. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Yes, it will make you faster in the long run plus it's cheaper :up:

6. KillaR6

KillaR6 I'm Going to be a DAD!

Other liter bikes will eat you alive. Smaller is better when starting out.

7. Commander_Chaos

Commander_Chaos Hillbilly Genius

Welcome!

8. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Thanks!

9. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Hey guys. Got my Prov. Novice at the end of last year.

Ive got a little FZR600, probably going to run V6 HW, V7 HW and V7MW so I can get out there for more than one race. I plan on going to Summit in April, hoping to go to Mid Ohio and Ill definitely be at Beaverun & Nelson Ledges because they are a very short drive for me.

Cant WAIT

10. madboosties

madboosties Well-Known Member

Provisional Novice here with a 05R1. Ill be at Autoclub Speedway, Vegas, and maybe Button Willow. Running A superstock & superbike, and maybe F1

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

WOW...this guy doesn't mess around:up:

12. madboosties

madboosties Well-Known Member

^^^ Just trying to get my feet wet. I cant remember the last time I had so much fun!

13. wesmith443

wesmith443 Member

Thinking about getting my provisional license at VIR in March but definitely this year. Mid-Atlantic region. Will run my 06 zx6. Been strictly a track rider for a couple years.

What's the average temp for VIR early March?

14. jsmalnar

jsmalnar III_I

I plan on getting my provisional at VIR in March as well. Are you going to do the Race School on Saturday if go? Looking to run an R6, C SS/SB Northeast. I'm out of Frederick, let me know if you're interested in trailering down together to share costs. :up:

15. jsmalnar

jsmalnar III_I

16. wesmith443

wesmith443 Member

Yeah I would be doing the saturday race school. PM sent.

17. six4six

six4six professionalgreasemonkey

I was lookiing at getting my prov at VIR also. I have my certificate so I don't need to go to the school. If you guys go let me know. I am a little further west. I had ruled it out earlier, scared of getting all the way down there and the weather sucking. However in the company of two other rookies it may be worth it. Regardless I will be at summit in April.

18. bteachey85

bteachey85 Honda

VIR

Hey guys where did you find the information to get your license so you can start racing for WERA? Id like to join you for the VIR class. Let me know.

19. vance

vance *

I started on an 06R1. It ended disasterously, but I'm an idiot...:crackup:
    Be safe and have fun.:up:

20. vance

vance *

http://maps.wera.com/forms/?x=1098

I'm trying to remember if I filled them out before I went or if I filled them out at the Ed Bargy school the Friday before...
    I'm thinking you can fill them out when you get there.