1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chip Yates, not here, please.

Discussion in 'General' started by dumbass, Jan 25, 2011.

1. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

And the guy in the Vette knows what happened in the Lake Street esses between I-15 and Lake Elsinore, circa 1996-ish...:D

2. odell2115

odell2115 Well-Known Member

:confused:

Me thinks someone needs to protest YOUR ass.
    :D

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

:crackhead: It's quite a stretch to equate Yates' bike with a Britten.

4. 418

418 Expert #59

Not to mention it might be different but it ain't better.

5. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

6. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

7. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I listened to Chip's interview on Motopod, and I'm pretty sure he said that he wants the bike to perform as well as a 600 (SS/SB). Hopefully you won't have to get beaten by him much longer.

8. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

WIN

9. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

When I can put WERA Motorcycle Roadracing and our name in front of people with something like this AND the machine made sense in the class it was allowed to run in AND Chip will not be at all the events taking points from riders and championships I see a Win Win deal for all the racers of WERA......and I see us reaching a whole new audience for a sport we all love and I thought Supported......someday I will figure out how to make everyone happy....just hope it is not too late for the whole of the sport....thanks Chip and thanks WERA riders who understand....for those of you who don't sorry!

10. lance

lance Well-Known Member

this post is useless with out pics

11. ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

just curious, where would you consider his "rightful place" in WERA? Or does he not belong in WERA at all?

Obviously in you class of 3 racers, and riding up a class with your lwt from what i've read, you're not in it to win it, and be the best hwt rider... so why does it matter if you get beat by an electric motorcycle? You're just in it for the fun, right?

This thread isn't even entertaining, its just pathetic.

12. 178SV

178SV now retired...

As an SV rider who lost to Chip in HWTSB, I am in complete agreement with Mongo's position. I know I'm riding up a class because the grid is small. If it were full of true HWT I would would tuck my tail back to the pits for fear of being lapped in a 6 lap race.

Dumbass, way to live up to your new name in the face of overwhelming evidence that you are dead wrong. See you Saturday! :D

Mongo, sort of related question:

Can I run in HWTSS with a SB SV as long as I run DOT tires? Language in the rule book left me with a question.

13. 418

418 Expert #59

I present, The Pregnant Moose.

[​IMG]

14. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

Is he complaining about the same Chip Yates that got his ass kicked riding the electric bike at Fontana?

You think the results would have been any different if he was riding a true heavyweight twin? Or a SV?

15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

My God! The tail … its so … its so big!

16. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Are you running a yellow frame? There's no yellow frame in road racing!

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

All for appearances sake...

18. 178SV

178SV now retired...

Engineering Department: Yeah Chip, the bikes all done, it's beautiful!!.... Wait, wait, I think we forgot something... where are the batteries? Aw man, I knew we forgot something, we'll just put 200lbs of battery in the tail section.:eek:

19. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

Still waitin'for my damn pizza!
    :down:

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Next comes 2XIDB, right?