1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chip Yates, not here, please.

Discussion in 'General' started by dumbass, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

:D

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:crackup: That was a grand slam if I ever saw one.

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

[​IMG]

4. Brian_45

Brian_45 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

5. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

I know it's the off season and all and sometimes things appear too simple to me but, uh, what this guy said...

Every possible future contingency is accounted for under performance indexing. Judging by current results and lap times the bike, whether it is powered by internal combustion, batteries, or gerbils, is properly indexed.

It drops 200 pounds it will be re-indexed...

What am I missing here?

And advertising? WERA selling out for advertising? Do what? Uhhhhh, somebody draw me a diagram here, I'm lost.

6. caferace

caferace No.

It all depends on how you drive the corvette.

[​IMG]

:D

-jim

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Post of the day vote here.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is a reason the man writes for a living :D

9. Chumbucket

That advertising shot was kind of insulting...How long has the original poster been racing with WERA? Selling out for advertising?

10. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

plus, he appears to know a thing or two about motorcycles.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also fwiw I do have an ex racer engineer who does electric motors for a living and for fun that I can hit up for as much information as I could ever understand on them if we get to the point of a full electric class.

One thing I love about this business, I don't have to know what I'm talking about, just have to know who to call :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And driving Hino cabover through corners!

13. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I am gonna grid up a GS500 in Unlimited Superbike and then bitch when I got beat.

14. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

Mongo... Just create a Batteries Inductors Transistors and Capacitors, Homebuilt class and call it a day.... Maybe that will satisfy the original whiner.

15. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Well-Known Member

I'm glad WERA did it....Like the guy or not,i put him up there with the likes of Britten,Buell and anyone else who said "i can do it differently and make it better" It won't be long till all us gas drivers will be in the VINTAGE ranks. If we can still find gas!

16. Chumbucket

Hell yeah, it's the old adage, "Racing improves the breed..." They should be on the track, properly indexed, and let the results fall where they may...

17. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Well-Known Member

and give the trophy to the last place finisher

18. tjg412

tjg412 Well-Known Member

I'll go out on a limb here and ask a stupid question. Why not just go ahead and create an electric bike class? Mongo, I asked you a while back what, if any, classes an electric bike could race in and you said none, not even F1, which I found surprising. There are many times during a season only one bike shows up to race a class so why should an electric bike class be any different? If only one shows up, it still gets to run a race.

19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

i think its funny this guy is bitching about the electric bike and how its technically not a twin. there are triples running around in HW SS and SB mopping actual twins HW twins at almost every round i've seen but he's not complaining about them.

fwiw, i'm not complaining either. just making a simple observation.

20. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

I'm not Mongo (thank god), but I imagine for something like that where they're trying to advance technology it does everyone a lot more good by having competition than just running around by themselves out there. Not much info to be gleaned from finding out the limits of an old Ascot, much more in a prototypical electric race bike.