1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Mongo, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Simple rules - screw around and the bans start at 2 months.

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Suggestions for an FAQ/Sticky thread perhaps?

Oldfart808 likes this.
  3. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

Flashing banner?

4. mag

mag Well-Known Member

sticky with a link to the Rulebook?

5. ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

i'm assuming we're taking about a racing ban and not a forum ban here

6. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I think his point is that this section is for serious questions about racing and getting started in the sport.

If you come in here and start 2fering the place up then you will be banned from the beeb for atleast 2 months.

7. ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

honestly wasn't sure if he was telling new racers to wera that if they break the rules (esp bike rules for SS) that there's a 2 month racing ban

8. got40

got40 On hiatus...

Good call on the forum. There's always tons of these threads; having them all in one place will surely help cut down on the search time. :up:

9. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Good replacement for the trackday section.

Thanks Mongo!

10. :stupid:

11. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

No, no. If you race a bike that's not legal for the class you're in (for example a bike with aftermarket brakes in SS) you simply get disqualified from the race, and everybody makes fun of you.

If it's a recurring problem there might eventually be some sort of further repercussion but generally disqualification and having to pay for any teardown required (for example if you had superbike motor modifications) is enough of a deterrent.

12. chastain11

chastain11 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Right on, I was bummed about that but this new section's is the bees knees!

13. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Great idea... Thanks Mongo!

(BTW... "2fer" is a verb now???)

14. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

funny, i never knew aftermarket brakes were illegal in SS. :D

15. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

:stupid: x2

16. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

The all mighty internetz prevents me from determining your level of seriousness on a 1-13 scale, BUUTTT, for what its worth...

l) Steel braided or Kevlar brake lines may be used. Brake pads may be changed. Rear rotors may be modified however must still remain functional.

17. Harold S.

Harold S. "The Goat"

Real information needed...

I want to start racing... I want to know how does the cycle start (not how the bike starts or the race), you know "getting my feet wet"? I know that track days are for practice, but how do I get into a circuit.... Where do I sign up, who do i pay, how many hours of track time do i need, is there a test, do i need a License... I mean really. I just want to get a full concept from begining to end (without the crash/wreck).

Also, What class would i start racing in with a 1000cc bike... Really, I legitimately want to race and see if i have what it takes!!!

If this is a question that has been addressed, please point me in the right direction.

Im sure most everyone here has had much track time... I want to get my share in too... I have a lot to prove and i have been told to many times that i should be on the track racing (not by the police) then spending my time on the street with my skills (i am not trying to post a ego). I don't feel like a contender but other track guys that i have rode with have said this one to many times.

Thank you in Advance,
    -Harold S.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

First step - search this forum. The basics are you need to take a riders school, WERA's or one listed in the rulebook. Upon completion you're ready to go racing. It's really pretty simple.

Seriously though, read through this forum, all of the little weird things that are confusing are answered, if you have any questions after that post them up as a new thread and we'll do our best to answer.

sheepofblue likes this.
  19. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

spammer :tut: :down:

20. I want to begin racing B superstock this year but may have an issue. I have stainless brake lines, vesrah pads, and a brembo 19RCS master cylinder. From my understanding thus far I would not be allowed to run the Brembo master cylinder. The stock GSXR master cylinder is scary and not an option. What options do I have? Thank you for your help.

sheepofblue likes this.