I am no longer an atheist.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sdg, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

I know a devote Christian who's dealing with the whole praying for answers and God's plan crap. I have a feeling they are coming to the conclusion that God isn't listening. I feel bad for what they are going through, but strength can and should be found within.

Putter, you ever need a sympathetic ear, feel free. We all are stronger than we give ourselves credit for.

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Doesn't make you a 'bad' Christian...just makes you a sensible one, imo.

Some of the things I've dealt with make me question all of it on a regular basis.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It seems to me that the majority of distaste people have for religion stems from, for the most part, the fanatic behaviors of fundamental Christians and Muslims. Is it these 2 particular groups of people that have made it bad for anyone and everyone who has a belief in God?

I don't think this world is supposed to be some sort of eutopia in the first place. I think pain and struggle and hardship are all part of the human condition. If this world were perfect, what would be the point of a hereafter....assuming of course you choose to believe in one :D

4. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I found Jesus recently. I realized he was the dude doing the landscaping at my apartment. :D

5. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Just one reason i choose to not be a part of an organized religion = pastors/preachers/priests with a little boy fetish and ruining peoples lives all the while standing on their pulpit and preaching the "truth". Pick a denomination......does not matter. Is religion in it's most boiled down purest form just a belief to live right anyhow? Just cut out the middle man and be a good person. Simple ain't it?

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Putt-Putt, I know there is nothing I can say at this time to take the pain from your heart. All I will say is that you and your whole family remain in my prayers.

7. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

You ever notice that the more insecure someone is the more they believe in god. I think it has something to do with penis size.

Putter must have a slightly larger than average crank...maybe Papa can confirm. :D

I have a huge penis...just saying...:D

I'm just trying to make putt-putt smile for a second. Don't go all RWN/religious nutjob on me. This was only about helping putter with a brief smile. By the way god is make believe and I have the huge penis to prove it. :crackup::crackup:

8. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Fire,penis,devil. Coincedence? I think not! :D

9. MINDOVERMATTER

MINDOVERMATTER You can't see me

Good post:up:

10. MINDOVERMATTER

Not an argument but no matter insecure or not I believe in God. He is with me at all times not just when I feel bad

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That is fine, as long as you don't start crossing red lights because of his protective presence... :D

12. O.Kho

O.Kho Well-Known Member

I found God at the end of the front straight.... Right before I hit the brakes and turned...

13. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

My giant penis leads the way...I just follow. I put all my faith in him. :D

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I don't know you, I might have met you at some time, and I notice that you might be a minister which I have total respect for.

But my question/comment is: did you ever notice that people who choose to be non-believers do not push the acceptance of their beliefs upon others, yet believers just can't keep quiet when they meet a non-believer?

Kind of chalks up another reason why I have my (non) belief system.

15. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

If that's the case my god looks like Elvis.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not true. It may just be the people you encounter but most that I know are tolerant of believers of other faiths as well as those that choose to believe in nothing. Yes I have heard the people that feel its their duty to "save" everyone, but I would put them in the minority.

Does everyone who rides a Harley think every other kind of bike is a piece of shit and has to tell you that?......errrr, n/m don't answer that.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You might as well quit trying now, reverse psychology doesn't work on me. You're not going to get a new name.

:crackup::crackup:

18. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

I differ: This whole plague of political correctness has exactly that goal: To force us to not discuss P & R lest we "offend someone".

A tragedy or triumph does not confirm or refute the existence, attention, or legitimacy of God. He isn't a politician.

19. MINDOVERMATTER

True:clap:

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Possibly true, I just happen to live in a city that has a very strong Catholic presence and everybody else is Baptist or Pres. To top it off, I am a coach at a Catholic high school. I am the only coach that isn't a teacher at the school, so I have to be careful not to discuss my lack of belief (we have a team prayer before every game....I let one of the players lead it and kind of zone out).